Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Dan Rather in Panic Mode: Move Inauguration to December 1 
    Appearing on Friday's "Morning Joe," former CBS anchor Dan Rather chided President Bush for not doing enough during his lame duck period and argued for moving Inauguration Day up to December 1. And although Rather didn't explain specifically what Bush wasn't doing enough about (The financial crisis? The terrorist incident in India?), he did hyperbolically fret, "But, we're in possibly, possibly the biggest crisis we've been in since December 7, 1941 and maybe since the time of the Civil War." (As big a calamity as slavery and the dissolution of the Union?)

snip

SCARBOROUGH: What does a president of the United States do? Point to the CIA director and 'Say, sit down. You're wrong, I don't trust you'?

DAN RATHER: Well, if that's what he believes. But, by problem with all of this- and I think that good points were raised on either side here- is that's behind us, that's yesterday. Frankly, rather than see the President apologize which I think you're more likely to see Fidel Castro come riding through this room on a giraffe than you are to see George Bush apologize-

SCARBOROUGH: Write that down.

BRZEZINSKI: [Laughing] Did you get that? This is why we invited Dan today.

RATHER: -is get busy- is get busy- What we need out of the President is focus on the job at hand. We can't afford to waste an hour, much less a day or a week or a month. And this business of being a lame duck president and saying, you know, 'Adios. I'm going to the ranch. I'm just not going to do very much during this period.' We can't afford it. It used to be, of course, we didn't swear in presidents until March. Thank heaven, we now swear them in, new presidents, in January. I'd be in favor of moving it up to December 1st. Get the election over. Get a new president in December 1st. But, we're in a very dangerous period. And particularly this early in the morning, I would rather talk about football.

Senility setting in link

Just wow. Like the Office of the President Elect doesn't wield enough power to end the economic crisis, bring about world peace, and bet grass stains out of your kid's jeans, Obama needs to be in power NOW!!!11111!!!
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Dan who????????

:D

It'd be awesome for one day an outgoing president to be so gung ho and start so much shit he overshadows the new guy.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    Senility setting in link

Just wow. Like the Office of the President Elect doesn't wield enough power to end the economic crisis, bring about world peace, and bet grass stains out of your kid's jeans, Obama needs to be in power NOW!!!11111!!!
    No,no,no...remember, he needs to RULE now!!!!:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Aside from providing leadership on tax initiatives, I'm still waiting for someone to explain to me exactly how a President "solves" any economic problem.

I mean, if they have this secret and unholy ability, why don't any of them ever exercise it?

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    No,no,no...remember, he needs to RULE now!!!!:D
    Anyone else find it ironic that someone with Lord Vader for an avatar speaks of RULING?!?!?!

:eek:
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I mean, if they have this secret and unholy ability, why don't any of them ever exercise it?
    Because they only cause more problems.

Lets watch as Obama puts (somehow) even more debt into the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Anyone else find it ironic that someone with Lord Vader for an avatar speaks of RULING?!?!?!

:eek:
    It may make a little more sense if you watch this video and note the words that are spoken by Valerie Jarrett:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7Nlq80DVpo
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.

Is Blather Rather still around?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

At least he doesnt even try to pretend anymore.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama