Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    I bet if you asked the Captain of the Nisshin Maru he'd say the same of the Sea Sheperd.

Oh well that settles it then. :D LOL!
    Anyone that I catch vandalizing my property will only do it once. You can bet on that. Plus, Wikipedia kinda disses your statements on your previous posts that the S.I. crew members have not broken the law.

Not a fan of whaling and that goes for the kooks that oppose them. This country has been f. up royally by Env. nuts that are against new nukes, refineries, drilling for oil, coal production, etc. etc. These screwballs have stopped highway construction because it might kill a few butterfilies or close down construction of a dam because of tadpole endangerment.

Monsanto didn't think it was BS. They had a meeting of their highest executives and spent big money trying to completely destroy her life. They were that scared of one little lady and her book.

You remember Monsanto? The same outstanding corporate citizens who brought us Agent Orange. These are the same guys who continue to refuse compensation to Veterans and families for exposure to the toxic chemical.

You can still see the aircraft that were used in Operation Ranch Hand at the Davis Monthan AFB boneyard. They are quarantined and have been since after the Vietnam War.

So let's get back to that apple. If I spray an apple with DDT will you eat it?
    Sure. I'm not afraid of DDT.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by LC EFA View Post
    How is the sea-sheperd any diffrent to the pirates operating in the gulf of Aden , except in their degree of success ?
    There is a key difference - they are popular with enviroweenies.

Quote Originally Posted by LC EFA View Post
    Their motives and equipment are irrelevant.

They both demand that they're given what they want through illegal use of force and intimidation.
    yup. exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by wiegenlied View Post
    Because it is difficult to make the whale protection to be legal. Japanese, Iceland and Norway will always oppose it no matter what. If waiting until these nations are willing to compromise, how if all whales are gone?

Actually, if organizations such as Greenpeace is effective enough, there is no need for things such as Sea Shepherd to exist.
    If all the whales end up gone - so be it. But since that is not going to happen - these guys need to be called what they are - criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Anyone that I catch vandalizing my property will only do it once. You can bet on that. Plus, Wikipedia kinda disses your statements on your previous posts that the S.I. crew members have not broken the law.
    They have broken the law. They freely admit that they have scuttled ships. Here from their own website

They even take pictures. Now ask yourself this;

How is it that they remain free? How come in January 1988, Captain Paul Watson flew to Iceland to accept responsibility for the sinking of ships and the Icelandic government refused to charge him?

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    These screwballs have stopped highway construction because it might kill a few butterfilies or close down construction of a dam because of tadpole endangerment.
    I kayak in this place and the only thing that keeps it from being underwater are rare butterflies. Half of this canyon is already under water so folks in Denver can irrigate non-native Kentucky Bluegrass on a tall grass arid prairie. It is one of the greatest recreation areas in Denver's backyard and one day it will be destroyed and turned into yet another lake. It's short sighted madness. Water in the west is the new oil and if you control it you can force people to buy it. One day all the wild places will be gone and we will all be worse for it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLZtdDc_qVk
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

They have broken the law. They freely admit that they have scuttled ships. Here from their own website
    How is it that they remain free? How come in January 1988, Captain Paul Watson flew to Iceland to accept responsibility for the sinking of ships and the Icelandic government refused to charge him?
    Easy - Because that will expose those nation's and companies' illegal whaling activities which are a violation toward the International Whaling Commission's global moratorium on commercial whaling which came into law in 1986, and toward the protection regulations granted to the whales inside the official Southern Ocean Sanctuary (AKA the Antactic Whale Sanctuary) in which US,UK, and Australia are taking the lead to enact the law - it relates to economic interests as well as an addition to the benefits it will bring to the environment.
    Last edited by wiegenlied; 12-21-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Actually more interesting question, who are we and whose economic interests do we protect?

It would be a PR nightmare. THAT'S Why they do nothing about it.