Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Sinking ships.Ramming ships. Assaulting crews at sea. Boarding foreign flag ships without permission.

The Japanese Whaling Association has labeled the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society as eco-terrorists for boarding and attempting to sink whaling vessels

Eco terrorists and they are.

That bleeding heart of yours needs medical attention.
    Even Greenpeace does not want their organization tainted by any association with this outlaw outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    Any way they can fuck with the whalers is OK with me. The whales are a species that the vast majority of the civilized world has decided is one that should not be hunted to extinction. That a few barbaric nations think they have a historic RIGHT to kill them is pathetic.

Or let them whale. In historic wind/oar drivin boats with human thrown harpoons. Let them pay for their historic right in human blood.

Fuck the whalers.
    The goverments of the world should get together and stop Japan. However, these Sea Shepperds should be tried as terrorists in a court of law and if found guilty they should be imprisoned.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by expat-pattaya View Post
    Any way they can fuck with the whalers is OK with me. The whales are a species that the vast majority of the civilized world has decided is one that should not be hunted to extinction. That a few barbaric nations think they have a historic RIGHT to kill them is pathetic.

Or let them whale. In historic wind/oar drivin boats with human thrown harpoons. Let them pay for their historic right in human blood.

Fuck the whalers.
    That's a great post and I doubt that very few would be opposed to traditional methods used by indigenous peoples for example as the Intuits do in Alaska.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Even Greenpeace does not want their organization tainted by any association with this outlaw outfit.
    Cowards. Let the whole world turn their heads away from what the Japanese are doing in the southern oceans because If we don't look it isn't happening.

There is one lone NGO vessel watching them.

Seriously what will we do when all the great whales are gone?
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    The score was settled long ago, .........
    Bullshit. Tell it to the dead in military cemeteries across the Pacific Rim.

It cracks me up that people will get all up in arms about animals being killed for food - but they ignore humans being slaughtered for convenience and demand the right to be allowed to participate in that slaughter. I have noticed a HIGH correlation between people who fight for animal rights and AGAINST rights for the unborn. Dumbasses.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Sonnabend
    Speaking as a member of the Pacific Rim, where Japan is one of our biggest trading allies...do us all a favour and shove it?

War's over.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    It cracks me up that people will get all up in arms about animals being killed for food - but they ignore humans being slaughtered for convenience and demand the right to be allowed to participate in that slaughter. I have noticed a HIGH correlation between people who fight for animal rights and AGAINST rights for the unborn. Dumbasses.
    Right! What's next? Save the polar bears or the Seals that stink up the San Fran Wharf.

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    The Japan of today is NOT the same Japan who attacked us at Pearl Harbor.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Right! What's next? Save the polar bears or the Seals that stink up the San Fran Wharf.
    No one is hunting the polar bears to extinction. No comparison.

Look, there is NO NEED to hunt these animals for FOOD. They do not reproduce rapidly and they are an amazing creature with a highly developed intelligence. With modern technology they could be wiped out in a few years.

Maybe in 1805 the japanese needed to kill some of these to add to their protein intake. But they do not now. And I for one don't think the Japanese have the right to hunt the whales to extinction when the rest of the world says that is wrong.

The japanese have a reputation for roving the seas fishing in disputed waters and taking more than allowed species using techniques banned for local fisherman. The pillage the world seas. This is just one example of their greed and lack of respect for the rest of the worlds opinion. If they want to pillage their own coastal waters fine. But not the open seas.

I am not certain I endorse everything the Sea Shepards are doing. But, even if they are outside the law they are better than the fucking whalers. And since the world governments are such pussies they will talk about it until the end of the whales I say go for it.

Fuck the whalers.