1. #1 University teaches white employees how to overcome the ‘discomfort’ of being white 
    A two-day professional development conference held recently at the University of Michigan included a training session that aimed to help white employees deal with their “whiteness” so they could become better equipped to fight for social justice causes, according to organizers.

Participants who took part in the “Conversations on Whiteness” session, held December 5 during the university’s Student Life Professional Development Conference, were taught to “recognize the difficulties they face when talking about social justice issues related to their White identity, explore this discomfort, and devise ways to work through it,” the university’s website states.

The goal was to help participants in “unpacking Whiteness” to support students and staff with issues and efforts “related to identity and social justice,” the website added.
    http://www.thecollegefix.com/post/40145/

Why would someone with white privilege be in a state of discomfort?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Why would someone with white privilege be in a state of discomfort?
    Why quit when you are ahead?

Sent from my XT1049 using Tapatalk
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Participants who took part in the “Conversations on Whiteness” session, held December 5 during the university’s Student Life Professional Development Conference, were taught to “recognize the difficulties they face when talking about social justice issues related to their White identity, explore this discomfort, and devise ways to work through it,” the university’s website states.
    Oh Mercy! How ridiculous! ~

I would have no difficulties, discomfort, nor guilt feelings for that matter, dealing with the fact that I was born "white" when discussing this or any other subject.

But then again, I am a Conservative, not a foolish self-hating white Liberal!

American By Choice ~ 1980

I have never, not for a nano second in all my life ever felt discomfort for being white not will I ever feel any discomfort, remorse, anxiety or regret for being white.

The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM