1. #1 CNN: ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ and ‘Paw Patrol’ Are ‘Fascist Cartoons’ 
    CNN called Thomas the Tank Engine and Paw Patrol “fascist cartoons” in an article on Friday, days before children around the globe will find toys from the popular shows under the Christmas tree.

In the article, titled “Why kids love ‘fascist’ cartoons like ‘Paw Patrol’ and ‘Thomas,'” CNN contributor Elissa Strauss claimed children are “drawn to worlds in which identities are fixed, order trumps imagination and transgressions are met with routine punishment.”

“This clash between what parents desire for their children and what children desire for themselves is most easily observable in cartoon preferences. So often, the more parents dislike a show, the more their children love it,” Strauss claimed. “‘Thomas,’ the long-running television franchise about a group of working trains chugging away on the Island of Sodor, has been called a ‘premodern corporate-totalitarian dystopia’ in the New Yorker, imperialist and sinister in Slate, and classist, sexist and anti-environmentalist in the Guardian. And yet people —presumably parents — spend $1 billion on ‘Thomas’ merchandise every year.”
    http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2017/1...cist-cartoons/

Dear Ms. Strauss ;

Get a fuckin' life.

thank you.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

“‘Thomas,’ the long-running television franchise about a group of working trains chugging away on the Island of Sodor, has been called a ‘premodern corporate-totalitarian dystopia’ in the New Yorker, imperialist and sinister in Slate, and classist, sexist and anti-environmentalist
    Sounds like Hollywood.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Such idiocy.
    My best friend's toddler sons, who are honorary nephews to me, love 'Paw Patrol' (My friend's wife posted an adorable pic on Facebook in which the boys had put tiny figurines of the Paw Patrol up among the figures in the family's Nativity set, as if those heroic dogs were witnessing the baby Jesus right alongside the shepherds and Wise Men). Some other friends of mine, who can be ultra- liberal on social media but absolutely lovely in person, have toddler sons who adore 'Thomas.' If it was such a big problem, they'd have noticed it and stopped their sons from watching/ playing with it.

"“This clash between what parents desire for their children and what children desire for themselves is most easily observable in cartoon preferences. So often, the more parents dislike a show, the more their children love it,” Strauss claimed."

Well, she does kind of have a point with that. As a kid, I suppose part of the reason why I liked 'Ren and Stimpy' and 'Beavis and Butthead' so much was precisely because my mom hated them so much (My dad sided with her officially, but unofficially by himself didn't seem to have THAT much of a problem with them as long as my brothers and I didn't imitate harmful behaviors in them; I still remember him once laughing along with us as we watched a 'B & B' episode in which they kept prank- calling a guy with a funny name), that gave it sort of a "Forbidden fruit" pleasure. That, and the fact that those shows were, and still are, funny as hell.

Get a dictionary, you putz.

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Elissa Strauss = Libtard moron.
    May the FORCE be with you!

STOOOOOOOpid question time. Can anyone, in just one or two jargon-free sentences, explain Progs' specific objections to these two kiddie kartoons?

Is it that they portray a hard-working community with defined roles/functions with no government forcing cooperation?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

And Miss Piggy sexually harassed Kermit the Frog, constantly.