1. #1 Critics Attack Hallmark’s Christmas Movies: ‘They Brim with White Heterosexuals’ 
    While most Americans are gathering around the television for their annual binge of Hallmark Channel Christmas movies, the left has been busy trashing the outlet for a too-white holiday lineup.

The assault on the popular holiday tradition started this month with Salon.com’s report. The article is entitled “A super white Christmas: The Hallmark Channel gives us TV’s most homogeneous view of the holiday; Hallmark’s white Christmas tales have hooked holiday viewers while leaving minority actors out in the cold”:

Unless you’re a holiday die-hard or a regular Hallmark viewer you may be wondering why this matters. Let’s begin with the obvious statement that holiday-themed viewing plays a huge role in the annual traditions of all kinds of families. So, yes, this is a cultural representation issue and one made especially disheartening when you take into account the way these movies sell a nostalgia for a false, if durable, vision of an America that never existed. But it’s also a problem of hiring and economics.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...heterosexuals/

Many on the left don't want anyone to be happy.

the left has been busy trashing the outlet for a too-white holiday lineup.
    have they never heard of the BET channel?!?
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

I'll have to warn my daughter who loves their Christmas movies. She'll enjoy her laugh.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    Many on the left don't want anyone to be happy.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

I'm Dreaming of a WHITE Christmas
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

I'm wondering if I should tell my g/f about this, or if it will anger her. She and her mom love Hallmark Channel, including their Christmas movies, and hate SJWs.
    I like the 'Northpole' movie series that they put out a couple years back (In fact, I have a delightfully tacky reindeer hat that was merchandise for that series), those are really nice and I hope they make more of them.

Who cares? That kind of sappy crap doesn't entertain me, so I don't watch it. I have a friend who could watch it 24/7, her favorite movie is "Somewhere In Time" with Jane Seymour and the late Christopher Reeve, which is about as sappy as it gets next to It's a Wonderful Life".

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Who cares? That kind of sappy crap doesn't entertain me, so I don't watch it. I have a friend who could watch it 24/7, her favorite movie is "Somewhere In Time" with Jane Seymour and the late Christopher Reeve, which is about as sappy as it gets next to It's a Wonderful Life".
    Yeah, but Somewhere In Time was filmed on Mackinaw Island, at the Grand Hotel. Ya gotta love that locale.

Bikes, horses, carriages, festive atmosphere, opulent picnic-paradise... It's like spending a day inside a 19th Century painting.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    Yeah, but Somewhere In Time was filmed on Mackinaw Island, at the Grand Hotel. Ya gotta love that locale.

Bikes, horses, carriages, festive atmosphere, opulent picnic-paradise... It's like spending a day inside a 19th Century painting.
    You can take your sweetheart to the Grand Hotel for a "Somewhere in Time" weekend. My friend's 2nd husband (her one true love, a man who hit her on a regular basis and pushed her down the stairs once) took her. Her third will probably take her there, too, but he doesn't abuse her, so he's not her one true love.

I went to Mackinaw Island as a kid. It is cool. We took a carriage tour, and visited the fort. I don't know which war (1812 or French/Indian War), but the guide told us that everyone starved there at one point. The fort on the island was British, Fort Michilimackinac on the mainland was originally French.