1. #1 Saying ‘Merry Christmas’ Is Racist And Hitler-Like According To Newsweek 
    In a year where we learned that trees and milk are racist, It’s probably not all that surprising that saying “Merry Christmas” is on par with a hate crime. According to Newsweek, not only is this holiday greeting racist, doing so pretty much makes you Hitler. Yup, this sorry leftist rag masquerading as a news source has managed to link “Merry Christmas” with the Nazis.

You think I’m kidding about this? Here’s a real headline that Newsweek thought was news: HOW TRUMP AND THE NAZIS STOLE CHRISTMAS TO PROMOTE WHITE NATIONALISM

The article is as unhinged as the headline. It starts out by griping that President Trump has frequently said that it’s okay to say “Merry Christmas” again. They accuse Trump of waging war on those who have been waging a war on Christmas.

Now here’s where the Newsweek article goes completely off the rails of sanity:

Wishing people “merry Christmas” instead of “happy holidays,” is thus in line with Trump’s decision to ban citizens of Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States…It fits neatly with his refusal to condemn white supremacists when they march against diversity, and with his condemnation of athletes who protest police brutality against black men.

With this in mind, the fight to end the war on Christmas is exclusionary politics at its most flagrant.

Don’t just take Newsweek’s word for it, they went out and found an “expert.” Richard King is a liberal professor who, “studies how white supremacists exploit culture” because that’s apparently a thing and he thinks…

“I see such invocations of Christmas as a kind of cypher, what some would call a dog whistle. It does not appear to be intolerant or extreme, but to attentive audiences it speaks volumes about identity and belonging—who and what are fully American,” said King.

And everyone knows that liberal college professors have the best opinions about everything.

“Much like ‘Make America Great Again,’ panics over the protests by NFL players, and the defense of Confederate memory, Christmas is a way to talk about peril, to assert a soft or hard version of white nationalism,” King said.

You got that? Saying “Merry Christmas” is now asserting hard white nationalism, or in other words, very very racist. But how do the Nazis factor into all of this, you must be wondering:
    https://downtrend.com/saying-merry-c...g-to-newsweek/

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    May the FORCE be with you!

Celebrating the birth of a Jewish man is Hitler-like?
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!