1. #1 People need to go to jail over this economic crisis 
    link

Jake3463 (1000+ posts) Sat Dec-06-08 05:24 PM
    Original message
    People need to go to jail over this economic crisis
    Advertisements [?]They need to go to jail for a very long time.

I think that should be the new Attorney General's first priority...after having the justice department purged of all Bush appointees.
    And then those that do the "purging" will all go to jail like you have advocated over and over again that those in the Bush Admin. do--with much less proof that it was done in a partison way--unlike your "plan".
    Andy823 (1000+ posts) Sat Dec-06-08 05:32 PM
    Response to Original message
    3. Couldn't agree more.
    From the bankers that falsified loan papers, to the guys on Wall Street, they should be investigated, and if they did something illegal they need to go to jail! That includes the Bush administration and all those who were warned about the problem and did nothing. They let this happen and they need to be held responsible for what they did.

I think that if something isn't done, it will happen again, maybe not the same kind of "scam", but another that will cause the same kind of problems. Banks and financial groups need to be regulated and the regulations need to be enforced so we don't go down this path again. If those responsible for what happened this time are punished, it would send a message that this will not be tolerated, and those who want to break the laws will be held accountable.
    Well, that will clear out most of the current Democrats. They were warned time and time again about Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae and they blocked any and every reform that President Bush and the Republicans attempted.
    Vinca (1000+ posts) Sat Dec-06-08 06:07 PM
    Response to Original message
    9. Darn right they need to do some time and make restitution
    as much as possible, too. Start at the bottom with the mortgage brokers who signed up unqualified buyers and doctored up their application forms.
    And work all the way up to Dodd, Frank, and Obama who facilitated loans to unqualified buyers.

Oh, and don't for get those community organizers and activests who also insisted (sometimes violently so) that loans be given to unqualified buyers or they would use the racism card to punish the financial institutions.

There's a reason the Democrats aren't conducting "hearings" to place blame on the financial situation, and the DUmmies are either too dumb or too willfully blind to know why.

These people were singing a different tune when financial companies were extending the credit that they probably wouldn't qualify for under current criteria.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    The DUmmies are in favor of throwing Barney Frank in prison???

Who knew!!! :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

So the Dummies think the penalty for failing in business should be imprisonment. Why don't they think there should be a stiffer penalty for failing in life?

Sonnabend
    Because all of DU would be in jail? :D

Moonbats just seem to have this thing for " purges " ; it seems to be some kind of defense mechinizism when they make a bad decision ( demanding that loans to made to bad risk people) and they go out and hurt other people instead of doing the one thing they most dread ... looking in a mirror.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    The DUmmies are in favor of throwing Barney Frank in prison???

Who knew!!! :D
    Why do I think that would improve his social life?

Quote Originally Posted by SKI View Post
    Why do I think that would improve his social life?
    Rimshot! Nice one Ski. :D
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke