1. #1 Kennedy accuses Emanuel of 'strategic gentrification to force blacks out of Chicago 
    emocratic governor candidate Chris Kennedy on Wednesday accused Mayor Rahm Emanuel of leading a “strategic gentrification plan” aimed at forcing African-Americans and other minorities out of Chicago to make the city “whiter” and wealthier.

“I believe that black people are being pushed out of Chicago intentionally by a strategy that involves disinvestment in communities being implemented by the city administration, and I believe Rahm Emanuel is the head of the city administration and therefore needs to be held responsible for those outcomes,” Kennedy said during a news conference about gun violence in North Lawndale.

“This is involuntary. That we’re cutting off funding for schools, cutting off funding for police, allowing people to be forced to live in food deserts, closing hospitals, closing access to mental health facilities. What choice do people have but to move, to leave?” Kennedy added. “And I think that’s part of a strategic gentrification plan being implemented by the city of Chicago to push people of color out of the city. The city is becoming smaller, and as it becomes smaller, it’s become whiter.”
    1)I believe quite the opposite is true, not only for Chicongo, but the rest of Illinois.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...322-story.html

2) Does Kennedy live in the South Side of Chicago or some other "less desirable" neighborhoods?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...103-story.html

I highly approve of D-on-D attacks!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Gentrification is a complicated thing in most cities. It certainly is in Detroit. Like the Whole Foods that went in near my office-most Detroit residents can't afford it and would rather have a Walmart, Target or Meijer (Meijer has two stores in the city, but they are on the fringes of the city). Yet WF is doing well in that location, because it is near the medical center and WSU.

I think it comes down to ownership. Black residents don't own many businesses and have very little investment in the bigger industries in the area, i.e. the auto industry in my city. If the ballot proposal to legalize weed is voted in this year, it will also legalize the cultivation of hemp. The hemp industry would be a good one to jump into. It's a product that can be grown 3/4 of the year outside, and has a lot of different uses, especially as fabric/textiles. Start-up small and expand as you go. But to be successful, it needs to be something new, not auto related.