Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The problem with medical marijuana, it's nothing but an excuse to use it. I'd venture a guess that more than 50% of those who use it are doing so for recreational purposes.
    Deplorably Proud To Be An American

Mercy! Such thought provoking replies!

Even 'though I still maintain that legalizing "recreational pot" is a mistake, especially for the *future* of the country ...

And I agree with old dog when he wrote that "Whatever happens with it, marijuana is not going to move the needle on the 2018 elections" plus the reasons he gave for stating it ...

I will admit that now, so close to the fall elections is really not a good time for Sessions (who is correct on fed law vs. state law) to get involved.

Okay ...

Now onto the *next* distraction/fiasco/whatever, to Trump getting his agenda through congress toward making America great again!!!

American By Choice ~ 1980

I don't think this is going to be the long term windfall the states are expecting. I watched a show last night and in Ca it is extremely expensive and difficult to be a legal grower. Then you have all the people wanting to get in on the windfall and it will create a glut of product driving down the prices.

Once the retail price gets to high people will grow their own or get a medical card or buy on the black market.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Medical marijuana was a Trojan Horse from square one. There are numerous doctors who will prescribe MMJ for anything, and the MMJ advocates knew this in advance. The intent of MMJ was to give cover for personal-use dopers, complicating and confusing law enforcement.

Real medicines are of controlled purity and dose. MMJ dispensaries sell product of varying quality and the "dose" is "as 'needed'".

MMJ advocates played on the compassion of voters and legislators to get their fraud passed.

We have MMJ in Michigan. The laws are so generous that pretty much anyone over 21 can get it. I would prefer all-out legalization because I feel like the MMJ laws are encouraging dishonesty. Plus, I am a liberal. I want to see it taxed, but I also want to see the revenue raised by the taxes used for either improving our aging infrastructure or some other programs that improve the life of the citizens. I would say give it to the schools, but the lottery money is allegedly going to help the schools and I don't see them improving. Maybe use it to get Junior Achievement in more schools.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    We have MMJ in Michigan. The laws are so generous that pretty much anyone over 21 can get it. I would prefer all-out legalization because I feel like the MMJ laws are encouraging dishonesty. Plus, I am a liberal. I want to see it taxed, but I also want to see the revenue raised by the taxes used for either improving our aging infrastructure or some other programs that improve the life of the citizens. I would say give it to the schools, but the lottery money is allegedly going to help the schools and I don't see them improving. Maybe use it to get Junior Achievement in more schools.
    That makes no sense, you are saying you would rather have tax payers benefit than Mexican and south American drug lords what planet are you from!
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

IT's not a hill for me to die on. I don't smoke pot and don't want to be around anyone who does but there are bigger issues to tackle.

What does bother me is how the states are increasing their disregard for Federal law, most specifically with the sanctuary city/states that are appearing. Illegal immigration affects the safety and prosperity of everyone in the Nation. If these states want to disregard Federal law and have their immigration policy, they should show a pair of balls, secede from the Country and make a go of it on their own without any financial or other support from the Federal government.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    IT's not a hill for me to die on. I don't smoke pot and don't want to be around anyone who does but there are bigger issues to tackle.

What does bother me is how the states are increasing their disregard for Federal law, most specifically with the sanctuary city/states that are appearing. Illegal immigration affects the safety and prosperity of everyone in the Nation. If these states want to disregard Federal law and have their immigration policy, they should show a pair of balls, secede from the Country and make a go of it on their own without any financial or other support from the Federal government.
    Holy Cow! A kindred spirit indeed!

In internet speak ... *blush*
    Last edited by ABC; 01-08-2018 at 09:28 PM.

American By Choice ~ 1980