1. #1 Beyonce’s veganism promotes ‘discrimination,’ profs warn 
    Two professors at the University of London recently warned that Beyonce’s veganism “reproduces existing patterns of discrimination and inequality.”

In an article in the recent issue of Feminist Media Studies, Ella Fegitz and Daniela Pirani argue that Beyonce’s adoption of the 22 Days vegan challenge perpetuates inequality because it is actually a “post-feminist dietary practice.”

"The endorsement of veganism is radically different from the ethical and political stance of eco-feminism or black veganism, becoming commodified as just another lifestyle choice."

Under the social and economic regime of neoliberalism, the empowerment of the individual is worrisome to some feminist scholars, since it shifts the onus of self-improvement onto the individual and away from society.

“The appropriation of a vegan diet is mobilized as part of a post-feminist ethics that promotes an individualistic form of emancipation, which sustains existent patterns of discrimination and inequality, consumerism and neoliberalism,” Fegitz and Pirani explain.
    https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10344

Could you translate that Academy-Speak Gobbledy-Goo into normal people English, Banacek?
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

what happened to empowering women and letting them make their own choice as to how they eat?
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Could you translate that Academy-Speak Gobbledy-Goo into normal people English, Banacek?
    Bey is racist cause she don't eat meat
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Wow, and I thought it was just one method to eat healthier, and maybe in her case, it's to keep looking good for as long as she can without having to get plastic surgery.

You know, this is pretty much an argument of individual thinking vs collective thinking. They think she's wrong because it's too individualistic of a lifestyle and she's not being a vegan for some greater cause like black power or ecofeminism.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Wow, and I thought it was just one method to eat healthier, and maybe in her case, it's to keep looking good for as long as she can without having to get plastic surgery.

You know, this is pretty much an argument of individual thinking vs collective thinking. They think she's wrong because it's too individualistic of a lifestyle and she's not being a vegan for some greater cause like black power or ecofeminism.
    So Beyonce is insufficiently woke? I need a nice T-bone steak to help me chew on that reasoning.
    I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Leave them alone, they are trying to save the world.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    So Beyonce is insufficiently woke? I need a nice T-bone steak to help me chew on that reasoning.

I'm sure Bey is so upset that some professors in London don't think she's sensitive to feminist criticism of her lifestyle. She and JZ are probably crying every night in their mansion about it.