House and Senate committees are investigating whether FBI agents who led the Russia investigation improperly leaked to news media, according to a report.

In text messages reviewed by The Hill, FBI counterintelligence agent Peter Strzok and FBI lawyer Lisa Page exchanged a series of texts shortly before Election Day 2016, that suggests they knew in advance about a Wall Street Journal article, and discussed how to pretend finding it and sharing with colleagues.

“Article is out, but hidden behind paywall so can’t read it,” Page texted Strzok on Oct. 24, 2016, according to the report.

“Wsj? Boy that was fast,” Strzok texted back. “Should I ‘find’ it and tell the team?”

“I can get it like I do every other article that hits any Google News alerts, seriously,” Strzok texted, adding he did not want his team hearing about the article “from someone else.”

The text messages were first uncovered by the Justice Department inspector general, who is investigating whether the FBI handled the Clinton email investigation and the bureau’s counterintelligence probe into the Trump campaign with political bias.
Leaking ON the media would be acceptable.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...a-page-texted/