Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    I think it's funny that linda dismisses this as a conspiracy theory, but the idea that the Clintons are all-powerful is an accepted fact.
    Nah, I think the Clinton conspiracy theories are equally funny, and my own birth certificate is dated a few days after my birth. It's also written in very neat Palmer method handwriting, in fountain pen.

Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    The fact that his father was Kenyan and his mother spent quite a bit of time there. Especially relevant is that his certificate of live birth was dated four days after his birthday. You would expect the hospital would have taken care of that immediately. Besides, how is this a difficult burden to settle? McCain has already had to answer questions about his birth, so why not Obama? McCain's is no more questionable than Obama's, yet the Dems made a big stink about McCain.

I think it's funny that linda dismisses this as a conspiracy theory, but the idea that the Clintons are all-powerful is an accepted fact.
    It's not relevant that the certificate was issued several days later - they all are. The hospital has to fill out all the paperwork and send it to whatever passes for Vital Records in that state.

Nobody in Hawaii is disputing Obama's birth there. The state certainly isn't. The guy is young enough that someone involved with the family would remember if there was anything funny going on. Besides, you just know that the Clintons would have already run this rumor to ground.

Wow - another manufactured issue - amounting to nothing. What a surprise.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Power CUer
    The problem with these pseudo issues is that they are distractions and they waste time. It sends the message, "We can't beat him on the issues, so we have to hope for rumors".

Like middle names and such - screams weakness. Focus on the entitlement programs: How much they’ll cost and who gets stuck with the bill!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    They always do, but it's particularly virulent this year and it saddens me to come to the conclusion that it is primarily racially based. It shouldn't surprise me, but it does disappoint me.
    What makes you come to that conclusion. Is it no longer permissible to be against the candidate on issues. When he happens to be Black does he get a pass that others don't? Why can't he be attacked like other candidates? To bring up race every time he is challenged makes you look like a race baiter.

George Bush was, is, and will continue to be "virulently" attacked by the Left, must be because of his color.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What makes you believe he isn't? Do you think he was born Nepal and smuggled into Hawaii in his mom's suitcase? I just don't know what makes you or anyone suspect he's a foreign national.
    If his Hawaii Birth Certificate is dated after the day in 1959 when Hawaii became a state, then there is no doubt that Obama is a natural born US Citizen. Unless there was some special rule in place, any date after Hawaii became a US Territory should also suffice.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    What makes you come to that conclusion. Is it no longer permissible to be against the candidate on issues. When he happens to be Black does he get a pass that others don't? Why can't he be attacked like other candidates? To bring up race every time he is challenged makes you look like a race baiter.

George Bush was, is, and will continue to be "virulently" attacked by the Left, must be because of his color.

I think it should be on the issues. I'm sad to see people departing from that "("Hey, maybe he really is from Kenya...." ) and the "Magic Negro" crap.

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think it should be on the issues. I'm sad to see people departing from that "("Hey, maybe he really is from Kenya...." )
    You're right, I apologize to Obama for suggesting that he forged (or reposted a forgery) his birth certificate without any authenticating marks.

Honestly, who cares about the Constitution these days anyway.

Power CUer
    Enjoy your beliefs, even if no one shares them. :p