1. #1 NY Gov calls for mandatory food pantries on every campus 
    New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is campaigning to reform higher education in his state by pushing for mandatory “food pantries on all SUNY and CUNY campuses.”

In his annual State of the State report, the governor proposed requiring “all [State University of New York] and [City University of New York] schools to either provide physical food pantries on campus, or enable students to receive food through a separate arrangement that is stigma-free.”

"New York State would be the first state to require every public campus to have a food pantry."

“The Governor proposes a $1 million state investment for schools to implement the program,” the report explains, later noting that “only about half of all SUNY and CUNY campuses have food pantries currently in place.
    https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10347

enable students to receive food through a separate arrangement that is stigma-free.”
    Is the bleeding heart governor going to require the students receiving stigma free food to give up their daily starbucks addictions and their expensive data plans on their phones?
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Did NY "legalize" recreational MJ?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I think it's a good idea, as long is it's not being used to feed the students who live in the dorms and are getting their food that way.

But for commuter students, who are usually working part or full time and going to school, but living in off-campus housing-many of them make a little too much money to qualify for an EBT card, but are strapped for cash, this could be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I think it's a good idea, as long is it's not being used to feed the students who live in the dorms and are getting their food that way.

But for commuter students, who are usually working part or full time and going to school, but living in off-campus housing-many of them make a little too much money to qualify for an EBT card, but are strapped for cash, this could be helpful.
    College is supposed to be to teach you and prepare you for successful living on your own for the rest of your lives. They are merely creating another dependent class of people who won't know what to do at dinner time once they have graduated from college with their worthless liberal arts degree.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Because the students have no money after NY taxes and need some way to keep that fact secret and it can't be kept a secret if students are starving to death.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    College is supposed to be to teach you and prepare you for successful living on your own for the rest of your lives. They are merely creating another dependent class of people who won't know what to do at dinner time once they have graduated from college with their worthless liberal arts degree.

He's putting $1 million of NY money to start it up. That's really not that much money, considering the size of the state.

Food pantries as I understand them are giving away donated food. Churches all over the world have them. People who have donate to those who don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post

Who will be monitoring the food pantries to prevent students who get meals through their dorms? Do the dorm meal plans cover weekend meals? They didn't back when I was in college. Then again most of the students were self-reliant.

Perhaps the students who live off campus could learn the rudimentary art of budgeting their money and learn to prepare simple meals !

Quote Originally Posted by Banacek View Post
    Who will be monitoring the food pantries to prevent students who get meals through their dorms? Do the dorm meal plans cover weekend meals? They didn't back when I was in college. Then again most of the students were self-reliant.

Perhaps the students who live off campus could learn the rudimentary art of budgeting their money and learn to prepare simple meals !

My dorm meal plan covered all meals except Sunday dinner. We just had to eat at a different dorm's cafeteria on weekends, because they would close half of them after Friday dinner.