1. #1 Author of Google Memo Sues Former Employer For Discrimination Against Conservative Wh 
    link

Gothmog (47,108 posts)

Author of Google Memo Sues Former Employer For Discrimination Against Conservative White Men

How did this idiot find a lawyer willing to file this piece of crap lawsuit. The attorney who signed the pleadings need to be sanctioned https://slate.com/technology/2018/01...ative-men.html

James Damore, the ex-Google software engineer who was fired in August for writing a 10-page memo arguing that biological differences account for gender imbalances in the tech industry, filed a class action lawsuit against the search engine giant on Monday for discriminating against employees who are “Caucasian,” “male,” or hold “perceived conservative political views by Google.”

Damore, who filed the suit in the Santa Clara Superior Court, is joined by another plaintiff named David Gudeman, a software engineer who worked at Google for three years.

The accusations against Google are manifold.

One group of allegations has to do with supposed ideological discrimination at the company. According to the filing, the plaintiffs claim the company mistreated employees who “expressed views deviating from the majority view” at Google’s on issues such as “‘diversity’ hiring policies, ‘bias sensitivity,’ or ‘social justice.’” It further argues that political diversity is neglected in favor of race and gender diversity at the company.

Well that belief fits with the liberal view that any and all discrimination against conservatives is either a lie, whining or is justified. Notice that the thugs don't think that a conservative should be able to find an attorney who is willing to take the case and file it.

Dammit. There goes my application. nt Codeine 12 hrs ago #136
    Response to Gothmog (Original post)
    Mon Jan 8, 2018, 07:57 PM
    rownesheck (24 posts)

1. Ugh!

I hate white men. And I'm a white man!
    Fine. Kill yourself. Self haters who are willing to admit they hate themselves because of their skin color should kill themselves. Or voluntarily deport yourself to a non white country since they are so perfect with no racism. Idiot liberals do believe that ONLY white people can be racist and ever other place is nirvana.
    sarah FAILIN (1,849 posts)
    2. My son read this guy's memo and agrees with him

bettyellen (44,682 posts)

3. He actually argued that genetically women are inferior at coding....the kid is a moron

And a bigot.
    bettyellen, liar, bigot, and all over assh*le b*tch. THAT is NOT what he said, but liberal assh*les will believe what they want to believe NO MATTER the FACTS.
    6. I didn't read it myself

My son has a different viewpoint than others because he is in the tech field. He is also young, and I used to dismiss everything he said that I didn't agree with because of his age, but he has shown me a couple of things that I had to rethink my attitude over.

7. He sounds like a lot of young tech guys, to be honest. Book smart in a narrow area but....

wrongly extrapolating that they are well rounded in any way. He’s endorsing similar genetic superiority theories as the Nazis did. Sadly it’s not uncommon for young guys to latch on to crap like that. It’s junk science, and all the footnotes in the world doesn’t make it legitimate science.
    So says the assh*le b*tch who only believes what she wants to believe and not facts. I doubt the assh*le even read what he wrote. The only acceptable meme is that white men are racist bigots who have to shut up.

18. Are you saying my son is a NAZI?

He is the furthest thing from a Nazi you could imagine. This is offensive.
    Common sense is not "junk science".

20. No, but the fact that he didnt realize this genetic superiority crap has a sick history and has

Been debunked is really sad. Common sense? The idiot wrote a paper about men being superior based on biology- and it was debunked immediately by actual biologists.

That one understands computers does not make you at well versed in biology. In this case, he was extrapolating from studies he thought he understood, but did not.

Common sense, LOL. Not at all- nerdy delusions of grandeur is more like it. Lots of people got taken in by the footnotes- mostly people who wanted desperately to believe it- or already did. The kid is a moron when it comes to biology- also, life.
    B*tches have to have the last word and keep at it.

25. I'm done here.

This was not what my son said. He looked beyond the biology issue to the root of the problem which is hiring people just because they met a quota even if they weren't qualified. I still agree with him.
    Some people are so bent on being offended that they can't see past their nose to look at the whole picture.

29. Im sure you think your child knows more than Googles HR department despite that not being his field

Same crap that kid who is suing them assumed. Both have a whole lot to learn about life- and how the workplace operates and how innovation is fostered. The fact that they both think they do know better is exactly why they’d be bad hires- so uncreative, so frightened of a changing world.
    Gothmog (47,108 posts)

127. The petition was an amusing read

Being a conservative idiot who supported trump is not a protect class
    That is where this idiot IS WRONG. Employers cannot discriminate on the basis of political preferences or political party IN CALIFORNIA. He definitively does have a case and I hope they take Google to the cleaners.
    Jim Lane (10,025 posts)

129. Did it raise a disparate impact claim?

Presumably Google will say that his politics played no role in his firing. Suppose he could prove that it did, though. That would raise the issue of the law concerning an employer's standard of either "We'll fire everyone who voted for Trump" or "We'll fire everyone who voted against Trump." Given how few blacks voted for Trump, I would think that either of these standards would have a significant disparate impact by race (by sex to a lesser extent), and would therefore be illegal discrimination unless the employer could defend it as a BFOQ.

Did the plaintiff plead that theory?
    Codeine (18,999 posts)

27. Are we talking about surgeons or the people

who are coding our fuckin’ iPhones?

Listen, I get it; your kid told you that all the good jobs are going to the unqualified women and black lesbians and transgender Indian immigrants and so on, but really that’s just so much bullshit. It’s the same bullshit every white dude in the tech world spouts, and I’m sick unto death of it.

You know what the problem is? Your son sees a black woman get a job over a white guy and he assumes, without evidence, that the black woman was less qualified. That’s the issue. That’s the problem. Deal with it.

30. Nailed it!
    That's not true, but their hatred will allow them to only see what they want to see. The perpetual victims refuse to give up the self esteem boosting title. And claiming that white people are not oppressors and have a point about this is not allowed.
    Skittles (117,317 posts)

59. I know guys like him

THEY SUCK

they use their so-called "hiring the best" crap to justify their bigotry

I guarantee you their "standard" is a woman or POC has to be twice as good to be considered half as good - I've seen it for as long as I have been working

FUCK THEM
    Lots of sexist, racist assh*les that give themselves a pass and call anyone who dares to express a belief differing from their own a racist bigot.

DU is full of them and they were out in force on that thread. If a race war breaks out it will be with these racist idiots.
    DiverDave (4,553 posts)

5. Find a safe space SNOWFLAKE

eom
    Initech (65,744 posts)

13. They need more safe spaces than any group they belittle!

When he gets done with Google he won't need safe places or a job. Assuming that if it goes to a jury (doubt it'll get that far, Google would be better off settling before it gets that far) he doesn't get idiots like these who would be quite willing to discard the law for their feelings about what is "fair".
    Last edited by Carol; 01-11-2018 at 03:47 AM.

Codeine (18,999 posts)

27. Are we talking about surgeons or the people

[TABLE] who are coding our fuckin’ iPhones? Listen, I get it; your kid told you that all the good jobs are going to the unqualified women and black lesbians and transgender Indian immigrants and so on, but really that’s just so much bullshit. It’s the same bullshit every white dude in the tech world spouts, and I’m sick unto death of it. You know what the problem is? Your son sees a black woman get a job over a white guy and he assumes, without evidence, that the black woman was less qualified. That’s the issue. That’s the problem. Deal with it

My own story about such a situation. I was told, when I was hired full time at the school I am teaching at now, that I almost didn't get the job, partially because a black, female teacher had applied. Race and gender were not the only reasons the principals had to put in some extra work to get me hired (I was on a probationary teaching license and would have to complete the program, she was already licenced and experienced) but the principals wanted me because I had already spent most of a school year subbing on this campus, and they knew I could handle our students. In that short time I was subbing, I had seen experienced teachers come in the building and walk out because they couldn't deal with the kids we have (severe discipline issues), and the principals had seen plenty of that too. The experience on the job made me more qualified for that position then the other interviewees, and the principals believed that, but they still had to jump through the PC hoops to get me in. I was lucky. Despite Codine's belief, its not BS, better qualified people do get passed over in order to maintain diversity in several professions.

PS Codine, Google people have nothing to do with programming your bloody iPhone.

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

PS Codine, Google people have nothing to do with programming your bloody iPhone.
    I can't resist ... Yeah! Google and Apple headquarters are at least 5 miles apart, with part of the City of Sunnyvale between them! More seriously, I doubt many DU-folk could quickly find Mountain View and Cupertino (aka Appletino) on a map. If at all. They haven't walked the halls of a Silicon Valley company, and they haven't seen the freshman and sophomore classes for EE, Electronics Technology, or Computer Science majors. Had they seen those students in the early stages of their tech careers they'd know why Google and other Silicon Valley companies have such a male-female statistical imbalance. The imbalance was already there the first day of college.

My time at De Vry in Phoenix was over 45 years ago, but those grads are now in the peak of their career. My incoming class was large enough that it was split into two classes. Between the two classes there were exactly zero women. In all of my time at De Vry I doubt I saw 5 women among the several hundred students. In my 40+ years working as a technician and engineer, at more companies than I care at the moment to count, I do not think I've seen even one female tech or engineer who hadn't grown up and been educated in East Asia or India.

Google (etc.) cannot hire women according to their proportion in the general population because in the technical professions the M-F proportion is very different. And that "imbalance" is there the first day of college. The imbalance is due to the choices men and women made, not discrimination (I've seen how the few women engineers I've known were and are treated - respectfully, with full appreciation for their knowledge and abilities).
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

The imbalance is due to the choices men and women made, not discrimination.
    And that was one of his points in the memo.

Men and women have different values, goals, and strengths. There IS quite a bit of crossover but women traditionally have not been interested in engineering.

A relative graduated with a degree in engineering several years ago. I can't remember exactly how many women were in the program but I know it was 3 or less. She may have been the only women.