1. #1 The Liberal Abandonment of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. 
    Todays leftism hate blacks by abandoning Dr. King and other fine men and women, who wanted to move away from racism propaganda.

From American Spectator

The Liberal Abandonment of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

JEFFREY LORD

January 10, 2018

Excerpt:

"Center for American Progress: Racism is key to Democratic Party Future.

Next week the nation will celebrate the memory of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liberals will pay lip service to Dr. King. But the hard fact is that the American Left has long since abandoned Dr. King.

One has only to recall Dr. King’s famous “I Have a Dream” speech in August of 1963 to understand exactly how deeply the American Left has rejected not just Dr. King but in fact stayed true to the original racist roots of the Democratic Party.

Here’s Dr. King:"

LINK

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    MLK would likely embrace the Republican party now. So would JFK. Their views on many levels are while perhaps a bit leftist Republican, they are far more conservative than the bigwigs in the Democrat party.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    MLK would likely embrace the Republican party now. So would JFK. Their views on many levels are while perhaps a bit leftist Republican, they are far more conservative than the bigwigs in the Democrat party.

I don't know about either MLK or JFK, but Malcolm X in 1964 totally rejected LBJ, saw him as a racist who was playing black people for their votes. He thought at least Goldwater was who he was and didn't pretend to be something he wasn't. And, Goldwater wasn't a racist. He had a lot of compassion for the plight of Native Americans in his state of AZ. He truly believed that the American people could overcome racism without the Civil Rights Act. He wasn't opposed to the Civil Rights Movement, just to using legislation as the remedy.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't know about either MLK or JFK, but Malcolm X in 1964 totally rejected LBJ, saw him as a racist who was playing black people for their votes. He thought at least Goldwater was who he was and didn't pretend to be something he wasn't. And, Goldwater wasn't a racist. He had a lot of compassion for the plight of Native Americans in his state of AZ. He truly believed that the American people could overcome racism without the Civil Rights Act. He wasn't opposed to the Civil Rights Movement, just to using legislation as the remedy.
    Posting that bit of truth would probably get you banned at DU, nw.

If one lightly paraphrased the most famous statement from MLK's "Dream" speech and proclaimed it today one would be denounced as a racist. Somehow many (most?) in the black community have been moved from not wanting to be judged by the color of their skin to the color of their skin being the core of their identity.

When my kids were all of the age where they could understand it reasonably well, I had "the talk" with them. They knew how we related to people and where we attended church, but I wanted to say it outright. I let them know that skin color had zero to do with things like intelligence or character. Years later, when my son worked at a fast food place I realized through his unpleasant experience that I had failed to let them know that there are racists of all skin colors, not just white. A middle-aged (i.e. not a young punk) black man tried to pull a scam on my son when he was working cashier, and when my son didn't give in the guy called him a racist. My son's response got him sent home, but when, as his manager knew would happen, his register count vindicated him my son went in to work the next day (and for months to come) as usual.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Posting that bit of truth would probably get you banned at DU, nw.

If one lightly paraphrased the most famous statement from MLK's "Dream" speech and proclaimed it today one would be denounced as a racist. Somehow many (most?) in the black community have been moved from not wanting to be judged by the color of their skin to the color of their skin being the core of their identity.

When my kids were all of the age where they could understand it reasonably well, I had "the talk" with them. They knew how we related to people and where we attended church, but I wanted to say it outright. I let them know that skin color had zero to do with things like intelligence or character. Years later, when my son worked at a fast food place I realized through his unpleasant experience that I had failed to let them know that there are racists of all skin colors, not just white. A middle-aged (i.e. not a young punk) black man tried to pull a scam on my son when he was working cashier, and when my son didn't give in the guy called him a racist. My son's response got him sent home, but when, as his manager knew would happen, his register count vindicated him my son went in to work the next day (and for months to come) as usual.

I stopped posting there a long time ago, like in the 2008 primaries. I got sick of the "bros before hos" mentality and the truly crazy posters. They got mad at me a couple of times: once I posted that anyone over the age of 35 who still claims to be bisexual is really just afraid of commitment. The other time was when I was making my case that actually getting transgender surgery is not psychologically or physically healthy, but dressing up as the opposite gender is a healthier and more fun way to deal with that part of one's personality. I qualified that by saying I would never mistreat someone who had the surgery, or discriminate against him or her, it's just a personal opinion.

At one point I even said words to the effect of "why do you even care what my personal opinion is on these things? I'm just a cranky, middle-aged woman who has an opinion that really doesn't affect your daily life at all. I vote for the people you vote for, at least in the general elections. Get over it".

They also didn't like my "attacks" on Marianne Williamson. She endorsed a local candidate for Congress and I advised that candidate's supporters that MW's endorsement was a death sentence for their candidate's campaign. I was right-Nancy Skinner was defeated by Joe Knollenberg (R). But it's not like Knollenberg was unbeatable, as Gary Peters beat him a few years later (Peters is now a Senator). MW will bring any Oprah candidacy down, but I don't think Oprah is going to run.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I stopped posting there a long time ago, like in the 2008 primaries. I got sick of the "bros before hos" mentality and the truly crazy posters. They got mad at me a couple of times: once I posted that anyone over the age of 35 who still claims to be bisexual is really just afraid of commitment. The other time was when I was making my case that actually getting transgender surgery is not psychologically or physically healthy, but dressing up as the opposite gender is a healthier and more fun way to deal with that part of one's personality. I qualified that by saying I would never mistreat someone who had the surgery, or discriminate against him or her, it's just a personal opinion.

At one point I even said words to the effect of "why do you even care what my personal opinion is on these things? I'm just a cranky, middle-aged woman who has an opinion that really doesn't affect your daily life at all. I vote for the people you vote for, at least in the general elections. Get over it".

They also didn't like my "attacks" on Marianne Williamson. She endorsed a local candidate for Congress and I advised that candidate's supporters that MW's endorsement was a death sentence for their candidate's campaign. I was right-Nancy Skinner was defeated by Joe Knollenberg (R). But it's not like Knollenberg was unbeatable, as Gary Peters beat him a few years later (Peters is now a Senator). MW will bring any Oprah candidacy down, but I don't think Oprah is going to run.
    Being realistic and having a sense of humor isn't appreciated on DU.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!