1. #1 Apparently 45 was notified of the missile alert; kept playing golf. Did he know it wa 
    link

icymist (12,469 posts)

Apparently 45 was notified of the missile alert; kept playing golf. Did he know it was false?

Cyrus @SoSaysCyrus Replying to @kurteichenwald @POTUS

Are you fucking serious? That responsibility doesn’t fall on the alert system people who falsely triggered it??? It falls on POTUS to know when people falsely send out emergency alerts?

Kurt Eichenwald @kurteichenwald

....umm, yes. When he is notified it was fake, which he was, his job is to use the credibility of his office to IMMEDIATELY notify citizens of Hawaii that they are safe. Not just go back to golfing. Pretend he is Obama. Then you’ll understand. Stop defending the indefensible.
    2:44 PM - Jan 13, 2018

White House: Hawaii false alarm 'purely a state exercise'
    The White House said Saturday that President Trump was briefed on the false emergency alert that went out in Hawaii warning of an incoming ballistic missile threat.

"The President has been briefed on the state of Hawaii's emergency management exercise. This was purely a state exercise," White House deputy press secretary Lindsay Walters said in a statement.

Individuals in Hawaii received a mobile alert earlier in the day, reading "BALLISTIC MISSILE THREAT INBOUND TO HAWAII. SEEK IMMEDIATE SHELTER. THIS IS NOT A DRILL."

Hawaii officials such as Rep. Tulsi Gabbard (D) and the state's Emergency Management Agency quickly tweeted that the message was a false alarm.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...state-exercise

One thing has happened and that the MSM is no longer talking about his racist remarks.
    It was triggered by the STATE of HAWAII, not the federal government. Yet they figure that once it is declared to be false that it is President Trump's responsibility to inform everyone that it was false. What idiots.

But what they're really angry about is that their faux outrage about President Trump's supposed "racism" isn't being talked about, because that is soooo much more important than an accidental alarm about a nuclear missile launched and coming at Hawaii, the panic that ensued and the need to fix it so it cannot happen again.
    uponit7771 (45,148 posts) 1. I wouldn't doubt it, Red Don is the type of person to want to scare the crap out of people so he can

... laugh at them
    idiot, proud haters
    Girard442 (1,769 posts)

2. Now Trump has his own My Pet Goat moment.
    murielm99 (20,131 posts)

6. Hawaii is a Democratic state.

You know how he reacts to places that did not vote for him.
    It was a false alarm. A terrible mistake. What was Trump supposed to do once he found out it wasn't an actual attack?

Liberals always think that they can f*ck up and then the government is supposed to fix it, and if it was a f*ck up of their Democrat government then the Republican President is responsible and must fix it. If it's a Democrat President no matter how terrible things are as he sits on his butt and leads from behind they claim what a wonderful job he's doing or they just don't say anything. Hate and double standards at it's finest.

procon (8,659 posts)

11. Trump has never taken responsibility for anything in his life.

He still has no concept of the sacred duties and responsibilities that come with the job of president. He doesn't care about the country or the people. His whole MAGA - America First schpiel is nothing more than a hollow gimmick, a cheap advertising slogan that means nothing. He doesn't even have the common humanity to reach out to the frightened people in Hawaii who thought they were about to die and be a voice for calm, and reassure everyone that they are safe.

Jeebus, even that dumb as dirt Dubbya managed to do that with a modicum of grace and dignity after 9/11.
    Liberal lore born out of hate and willful ignorance of facts.

Oh look, there is two people who aren't entirely knee jerk hate oriented.

sarisataka (8,998 posts)

15. Since the alert came from Hawaii

Rather than NORAD, I'm sure the people around him knew it was false
    DetroitLegalBeagle (81 posts)

16. Geez people. Trump is a dumb ass for sure

But there isn't anything to be done for a state fuck up. States dont have the ability to detect launches. A hacked state alert doesnt travel upward the chain to trigger anything. If there was a legit launch, aides wouldn't be telling the president that Hawaii sent out an alert, they'd be grabbing him and tossing him in the qrf helo for transport to AF1.

For a real launch, by the time states would be notified that there was an incoming attack, the president would be on Af1 and our missiles, if we are retaliating, would already be on their way.
    doc03 (20,314 posts)

17. Could it be he knew about it before it happened? I think he did. Consider it may be part of driving

up fear similar to what we witnessed a few years ago with Condi Rice's mushroom cloud. Does NK even have a missile capable
    carrying a nuke or a nuke small enough to fit on a missile?

john657 (116 posts)

19. Until there's proof otherwise,

I'll believe what the Governor of Hawaii said it was, somebody pushed the wrong button during shift change.

Not everything is a conspiracy.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Fuck off DUmmies. What do you think your
    god oBAMA would have done?? Yeah, kept playing
    just like Trump did.

Morons.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Fuck off DUmmies. What do you think your
    god oBAMA would have done?? Yeah, kept playing
    just like Trump did.

Morons.
    Hell, didn't they have pull Pharaoh Putmos I off the links unwillingly for the mission to get Bin Laden? Every picture I've seen of the war room during that OP had Putmos I looking very unhappy that he had to be there and wanting to be anywhere else but in that room.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

The Government of Hawaii F'ed up. The US military was not in on the F-up, other than, probably, informing the Government of Hawaii that there were no incoming missiles. So Trump's notification was probably along the lines of:

"Mr. President, the Government of Hawaii has issued a false alarm nuclear alert. The USAF is informing the Government of Hawaii there are no incoming missiles and will get them to issue a Stand-Down."

Why should President Trump interrupt whatever he was doing when thus notified? It was a FALSE alarm originated and issued by the Government of Hawaii.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!