Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Gold Dust and Gemstones from Heaven 
    Someone explain this to me.

Some Christian fundamentalists are now claiming that gold dust and gemstones fall upon them during prayer. They claim to get covered in gold dust and they claim the gemstones are heaven sent. Some claim that fillings are turned gold in their teeth as well.

Other Christian fundamentalists say that it's bunk - that no one has submitted dental xrays to prove the change - that the gold dust that has been tested has turned out to be plastic dust - etc etc

This is a new happening amongst the fundamentalists.

You tube #1

You Tube #2

Gemstones from heaven

I have heard (and seen) religious phenomenon such as rosaries turning gold (mine did) and I have seen a statue cry. Those things have been happening for hundreds of years and are rather well documented. So I understand that supernatural things happen and I am not against them happening - I'm not a mind-closed skeptic. However, this gold dust thing is rather new and is rather controversial.

Anyone out there know anything about this gold dust/gemstone thing?
    Can you explain it to me? Thanks.
    If leftists didn't have double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    This is a new happening amongst the fundamentalists.
    Yet another excellent reason not to be one.
    I've never heard of this before.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

I'm not a fundamentalist Linda. Not even close. And I don't intend on switching over.

But this new thing has cropped up and it's got me curious.

I'd like to understand what is ALLEGEDLY happening and why this new thing is going on.

If it turns out to be real - and I doubt it is - I wouldn't be changing my religious beliefs.

i just want to understand it ....

Patent Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Yet another excellent reason not to be one.
    Agreed.

Who on earth would want gemstones and gold dust falling on them when they pray!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by biccat View Post
    Agreed.

Who on earth would want gemstones and gold dust falling on them when they pray!
    I'm Episcopalian, and we have plenty of access to gold and gems through jewelry stores, not to mention all the pieces we inherit.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Fundamentalists are probably the most skeptical Christian group when it comes to things like this.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Fundamentalists are probably the most skeptical Christian group when it comes to things like this.
    From what I am reading, there is a big controversy with this amongst fundamentalists.
    Some Fundamentalists believe this is real. Others think it's very fake.

I know fundamentalists in general are quick to point at crying statues and say 'fake' or 'diabolical'.

Just the fact that some of them think this gold dust and gemstone thing is real ... that's a 180 degree
    turn from their anti-catholic statements of the past. Or perhaps, because it's them and not Catholics
    then they are okay with it (anti-Catholic bias coming through).

I'm just trying to understand this thing.
    It's something new and I've never heard of it before.

Once again the fundamentalist term is being misused and misunderstood. A true fundamentalist would not buy in to the idea that gold dust and gems are raining down from heaven with out solid proof. Fundamentalist by and large believe that the age of large scale miracles passed with the apostolic age. Some of the fringe groups believe all sorts of strange things (snake handling and the drinking of poison) but this is not true of the large majority of orthodox fundamentalist (of which I am one). I am also an Episcopalian and there are fundamentalists in the Episcopal Church as well, although most of them are leaving due to church heresy and aligning themselves with the more fundamentalist providences of the Anglican Communion.

I guess I can consider all the conservatives here to be neo-cons become some conservatives are neo-cons.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldLady View Post
    From what I am reading, there is a big controversy with this amongst fundamentalists.
    Some Fundamentalists believe this is real. Others think it's very fake.

I know fundamentalists in general are quick to point at crying statues and say 'fake' or 'diabolical'.

Just the fact that some of them think this gold dust and gemstone thing is real ... that's a 180 degree
    turn from their anti-catholic statements of the past. Or perhaps, because it's them and not Catholics
    then they are okay with it (anti-Catholic bias coming through).

I'm just trying to understand this thing.
    It's something new and I've never heard of it before.
    It can't be too big of a controversy since I haven't heard of this before now and I keep myself pretty well informed on the goings on within the Christian religion.

Do you have other examples other than youtube which is not known to be a bastion of reality concerning this subject?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Once again the fundamentalist term is being misused and misunderstood.
    I definately don't understand the word 'fundamentalist' then.
    I'm going by what I'm reading.
    The info is all over the place and I don't understand it at all.
    That's why I'm asking.