Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Exactly, it's a very complex code for YOU WON'T LIKE BEING THERE.
    Right - and there are more things that burn than mere physical fire. DESIRE is something that burns - and can potentially burn you worse than fire especially if you cannot fulfill or dispel that desire. Ask any Heroine junking trying to quit cold turkey.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Reverend Pearson's argument against Hell isn't that it's too hot. His argument, in a nutshell, is that a god which would allow a soul to suffer for eternity is a monster. I agree with him.
    A God who would force people to be in his presence against their will is a monster. There is nothing monstrous with letting people chose their own path and their own destination. You have the typical bitter atheists take on the concept. You let your own motivations cloud your appraisal of God's motivations.

Quote Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
    The typical escape route when irreconcilable problems of a faith are brought to light.
    The only irreconcialble problem here is your bitterness and unwillingness to accept or even hear anything other than the conclusions you have already made in your own mind. Nothing I say will move you in any way - so I will remember what scripture says about casting pearls before swine and wish you good wallowing. Have fun in your mud.
    I can examine the claims just as well as anybody...
    Except you are completely unable to be objective. You already know the answers and know them better than do believers - or so you think.
    you can certainly criticize liberalism without being a liberal...
    silly atheist - I don't criticize liberalism. I believe in it. I criticize leftism - and I have full experience of it. Politics is not something that requires special experience in order to understand. There are however, things in this life that DO require special experience in order to understand. FAITH is one such that does require special experience to be able to understand.

just like one can criticize and point out problems of a belief system without adhering to it.
    Problems as YOU perceive them not as they actually exist.
    You'd be sadly mistaken blah blah blah blah blah . . . .
    I'm mistaken about my own faith huh? Good thing I have you as a good atheist to educate me! DUMBASS

...or that infants who die unbaptized go to Hell.
    where is that taught in scripture? You cannot confuse dogma with doctrine.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    A God who would force people to be in his presence against their will is a monster. There is nothing monstrous with letting people chose their own path and their own destination. You have the typical bitter atheists take on the concept. You let your own motivations cloud your appraisal of God's motivations.
    Are you saying an omnipotent God, through whom all things are possible, has limited options? Either eternal suffering or eternal paradise? That probably both Hitler and mere "fornicators" simply share the same fate/punishment... and that is just because we have free will?
    Last edited by wilbur; 12-08-2008 at 07:40 PM.

Reverend Pearson's argument against Hell isn't that it's too hot. His argument, in a nutshell, is that a god which would allow a soul to suffer for eternity is a monster. I agree with him.
    I see your understanding of Christianity hasn't improved much during your absence. Welcome back.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Are you saying an omnipotent God, through whom all things are possible, has limited options? Either eternal suffering or eternal paradise? That probably both Hitler and mere "fornicators" simply share the same fate/punishment... and that is just because we have free will?

Actually He sets the rules and the holds himself to those rules. He doesn't break them just because he's God. That is called consistancy. Sin is sin in God's eyes. There are no levels of sin, no more sinful behavior or less sinful behavior, there is only sin and no sin. That is why there is a need for forgiveness and redemption. Even Hilter could have been forgiven had he sincerely seeked God for forgiveness. Do yo think that humanity would have forgiven Hitler had he asked for forgiveness? You call God a tryannt and worse but you fail to see people bring their condamnation upon themselves and the condemnation can be thwarted by the simple act of seeking forgiveness. No one is so evil that they are beyond forgiveness.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    where is that taught in scripture? You cannot confuse dogma with doctrine.
    New borns do go to hell. I know that is not popular but we are all born with a sinful nature and our sinful behavior is assured. I ask you, if new borns go to heaven, why don't you abort them or kill them as soon as they're born. You would assure their presence in heaven.

C. S. Lewis

Anyone who is seriously worried about Hell can simply make the choice not to go there. God never forces anyone. You make the choice of your final destination. You have no one but yourself to blame if you choose to reject the free gift He offers.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

DUDE - once again - you just don't get it because you have concluded that there is only one answer to your question and the answer you suppose is not the real one.