1. #1 NYT Shutdown SHOCK HEADLINE 
    Senate Democrats Block Bill to Keep Government Open Past Midnight; Shutdown Looms
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/19/u...-shutdown.html

Seriously, I would have not expected this headline from The New York Times maybe something like "Republican Majority Will Not Prevent Shutdown" or some similar nonsense.

Trump's tweets used to get to me once in a while. Now I see how brilliant they are---the strategy, not some of the less brilliant ones. His war with the press might be paying off, as well as his habit of naming things and people. Schumer's Shutdown is so poetic and so right on.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Chuckles needs to hear a revised version the old Clinton slogan, "It's the hypocrisy, stupid!" After Obama played the Shutdown Card on "recalcitrant" Rs several times now it's the Ds who are being obstructionist over an issue that has zero relevance to a budget or CR. The MSM aren't carrying the Ds water this time because the MSM don't want to expend more of what little credibility they have on hypocrisy so great a 10YO would laugh in their faces.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Chuckles needs to hear a revised version the old Clinton slogan, "It's the hypocrisy, stupid!" After Obama played the Shutdown Card on "recalcitrant" Rs several times now it's the Ds who are being obstructionist over an issue that has zero relevance to a budget or CR. The MSM aren't carrying the Ds water this time because the MSM don't want to expend more of what little credibility they have on hypocrisy so great a 10YO would laugh in their faces.
    BTW, all those apocalyptic possibilities the MSM invoked when carrying water for OhBummer!? By playing chicken so publicly and the Rs calling their bluff, the public will see that the Shutdown Apocalypse is not so horrible. The Ds are showing that their nuclear political weapon is in fact a dud firecracker.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Time to change the rules to a simple majority.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Time to change the rules to a simple majority.
    Dingy Harry got the ball rolling, but D obstruction antics are killing the filibuster. I won't attend its memorial service. I don't think filibuster was ever part of the House's rules.

The Dirty Dems are proving how out of touch they are. This morning they served up Dukakis on the Cavuto show. He was spouting the tired old Dem lines. We haven't heard anything from him for so long that didn't think he was still around. And he thought that special tax on millionaires proposed by the NJ governor was just fine and dandy. Dems never change (but I guess conservatives don't either).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The Schumer Shutdown, it has a nice ring to it. Suck it up chuckie!
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.