Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Shooting at TX high school: Suspect in custody, one injured 
    A shooting took place Monday morning just before 8:00 a.m. at a high school cafeteria in the small town of Italy, Texas, about 45 miles south of Dallas.

The Ellis County Sheriff’s office reported that one suspect has been taken into custody, after a 15-year-old girl was shot at the Italy High School.

The victim was airlifted to the Parkland Hospital in Dallas, WFAA News reported. News on her condition is still pending.

Details are scarce on the incident, but one Facebook user wrote that “one boy shot his girlfriend in the chest.”

CBS Dallas news outlet reported:

A junior at Italy High School, Cassie Shooks spoke with Newsradio 1080 KRLD about what she saw when she arrived at the school this morning.

“Tons of kids were rushing out the door, sprinting and climbing over the chain-link fence” said Shooks. “Kids were running to their cars and speeding off.”

Even though she did not witness the event, Shooks heard from other students about someone being shot.

“They were screaming that one of our students shot somebody, that there was a shooting and that he was going crazy” said Shooks.
    http://dennismichaellynch.com/shooti...injured-video/

Prayers for the victim and the kids at the school in general.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Yikes!
    May the FORCE be with you!

From https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/n...-student-says/

Cassie Shook, a 17-year-old junior at the school, told The Associated Press that she was driving up to the building when she saw “the doors fly open and everyone screaming and running out of the building.” She said she was angry when she learned who the suspect was because she’d complained about the boy at least twice to school officials, including to a vice principal.

“This could have been avoidable,” she said. “There were so many signs.”

Shook said she first went to school officials after the boy allegedly made a “hit list” in eighth grade and her name was on it. Then last year, the boy got angry during a class and threw a pair of scissors at her friend and later threw a computer against a wall, she said.
    I have no problem with gun ownership. But that freedom does come with responsibility. I'm wondering whether the boy's parents owned a gun, knew of his problems, but did not take measures to make it difficult for him to access it.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

From https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/n...-student-says/
    She said she was angry when she learned who the suspect was because she’d complained about the boy at least twice to school officials, including to a vice principal.

“This could have been avoidable,” she said. “There were so many signs.”

Shook said she first went to school officials after the boy allegedly made a “hit list” in eighth grade and her name was on it. Then last year, the boy got angry during a class and threw a pair of scissors at her friend and later threw a computer against a wall, she said.
    This year, my disciplinary campus has had a big up tick in students sent for "terroristic threats". It is the district trying to make sure their butts are covered if any of these kids who say something stupid loudly actually act on those comments. It is quickly devolving into a joke with students, and some of them happily harass those kids, sometimes trying to push those buttons again. The charge is also turning into an attention getting device for kids who don't get and don't know how to get know how positive attention.

All that said, if the accusations above are accurate, someone dropped the ball, or the kid is smart enough to work the system, gaining a bit of a reputation to look thug, but not quite crossing the lines to get put further into the system. Until he finally snapped.

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

I've been keeping tabs on this story, to learn how the girl who was shot is doing and to learn more about the shooter. Didn't find much this morning, though this article mentions that shooter has a history making trouble.

This WashPost article mentions that the shooter shot several times.

I "get" minors' and students' privacy and all that, but this shooting seems to be being played way closer to the vest than usual. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm wondering about agendas.

Are we going for three?

https://www.policeone.com/active-sho...hool-shooting/

BENTON, Ky. — Authorities are reporting one person was killed and others were wounded Tuesday morning in a high school shooting in rural Kentucky.

In a tweet from a verified account, Gov. Matt Bevin said it happened at Marshall County High School in southwest Kentucky.

In the tweet, Bevin says a shooting suspect was in custody. No other details were immediately available.

The community is about 120 miles northwest of Nashville, Tennessee.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by enslaved1 View Post
    This year, my disciplinary campus has had a big up tick in students sent for "terroristic threats". It is the district trying to make sure their butts are covered if any of these kids who say something stupid loudly actually act on those comments. It is quickly devolving into a joke with students, and some of them happily harass those kids, sometimes trying to push those buttons again. The charge is also turning into an attention getting device for kids who don't get and don't know how to get know how positive attention.

All that said, if the accusations above are accurate, someone dropped the ball, or the kid is smart enough to work the system, gaining a bit of a reputation to look thug, but not quite crossing the lines to get put further into the system. Until he finally snapped.

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk

It seems to me that if kids are harassing the kids who have been identified as at risk are moving themselves up to the top of their hit lists. One day you are picking on a loser, the next day the loser goes crazy and starts shooting the people who were picking on him.

Whenever I read about school shootings, I think of my brother and his friends the last week of school their senior year. Their pranks involved water guns-one day they pretended to hold the library hostage, then they had a hit list and every time they saw the person on the list that day, they all squirted that person with their water guns. I kind of wish today's standards were used back then. I would have been thrilled to see my brother go to jail for 2-5 years and out of my life. My parents probably wouldn't have gotten divorced. None of them were punished, though, just admonished by the principal, who then banned squirt guns from school. They are lucky.

UPDATE: Boy, 15, charged in Central Texas school shooting

The 15-year-old victim is “in good spirits” as she recovers at a Dallas hospital, Italy ISD Superintendent Lee Joffree told reporters earlier Tuesday.

He said he met with the girl at Parkland Memorial Hospital and said she’s “sending a message of recovery and strength.”

He did not provide her condition or details about her injuries.
    Edgar Eduardo Rodriguez said he was eating breakfast before school started Monday morning when the 16-year-old boy entered the cafeteria, walked up to the 15-year-old freshman, pulled out a gun and fired twice, hitting her in the neck and chest.

He says the gunman then fired once at a boy with whom the girl was talking, but missed, and then ran out of the cafeteria.
    The headline says the shooter is 15, the first sentence says he's 16. Oy! The good news is that the girl is recovering!

It's not right that we have to sit down with our daughter each year when school starts and go over an escape plan. During a school lockdown if your kid is outside of the classroom no one will let them in a room once lockdown begins. So each year we go thru scenarios with her. So my kid doesn't get shot at school. WTF....