Thread: (CNN) -- A military jet crashed into a residential neighborhood in San Diego, Califor

1. #1 (CNN) -- A military jet crashed into a residential neighborhood in San Diego, Califor 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

(CNN) -- A military jet crashed into a residential neighborhood in San Diego, California, on Monday as it tried to land at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar, killing two people in a home, authorities said.

Both victims were in one of two houses destroyed by the crash and ensuing fire, and two others believed to be in that house were missing, officials said.

The pilot of the F/A-18 Hornet ejected safely and was taken to a hospital, the Marine Corps said in a news release. The pilot, whose name was not released, was the only occupant of the two-seat aircraft, the Marine Corps said.

At a news conference in the University City community where the crash occurred, San Diego Mayor Jerry Sanders said it was believed that four people -- "possibly a grandmother, a mother and two children" -- were in the destroyed house where firefighters found two bodies

LINK
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 12-09-2008 at 09:43 AM.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Wow, Flashback to long ago when PSA crashed in a neighborhood fairly near to me when I lived in SD.

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama

Quote Originally Posted by zBoots View Post
    Wow, Flashback to long ago when PSA crashed in a neighborhood fairly near to me when I lived in SD.
    I remember that crash. I was stationed aboard USS Halsey (CG23) at the time in San Diego and could see the column of smoke of the crash from where we were docked at the 32nd Naval Station.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf