1. #1 Female journalist asked to remove bra while covering Pence in Israel. 
    link

This is the second or third time I've seen this on DU in the past day or two.

RandySF (16,127 posts)

Female journalist asked to remove bra while covering Pence in Israel.

JERUSALEM — If there’s one thing female journalists covering the trip of Vice President Pence to Israel will remember it is the “special treatment” they received, first by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s security detail and second, in their “unique” vantage point while covering Pence's visit to the Western Wall on Tuesday.

At Netanyahu’s office on Monday morning, a visiting female journalist from Finland’s state television was asked to remove her bra during an overly zealous and demeaning security check. When she refused, the journalist — who is of Palestinian descent — was prevented from covering Pence's news conference with Netanyahu..

Then, on Tuesday, female journalists were particularly perturbed to discover that they had been relegated to covering Pence’s spiritual stop at the Western Wall, one of Judaism’s holiest sites, from the other side of a fence.

In response to inquiries about the matter, Pence spokeswoman Alyssa Farah said in a statement: “Every effort was made to accommodate both female and male journalists while observing the rules in place at the Western Wall.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b413094540e9
    Oh terrible!!!! A reporter who likely had on an underwire bra that set off metal detectors or the like refused to remove it for the security check and so wasn't allowed to cover Pence's press conference. And horror of horrors Pence didn't insist that the women reporters be allowed to break Israeli/Jewish protocol and be allowed to be on the men's side of the wall.

Does ANYONE think that if this were a Islamic Mosque or holy place that the reporters would respond this way?

shenmue (34,904 posts)

1. WTF

Right. How dare they enforce Israeli/Jewish protocol while in a Jewish holy place, and how dare they insist that the same security protocol be used for everyone, no exceptions.

BigmanPigman (10,066 posts)

3. If I were there I would have taken it off, gathered up a bunch of small rocks

and used my "weaponized bra" as a sling shot. FUCK THAT SHIT! Is this another male/religion bunch of BS?
    Leftists. They DEMAND that they be respected but they act this way toward conservatives and people of faith. And they are proud of the way they act.

Another website I read people were saying that Pence shouldn't have gone there if there was gender segregation. What snowflake, easily offended, idiots.

3. If I were there I would have taken it off, gathered up a bunch of small rocks

and used my "weaponized bra" as a sling shot. FUCK THAT SHIT! Is this another male/religion bunch of BS?
    But I thought that liberals believed that one culture is no better than another culture and that it was wrong to judge cultures based on our standards?
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

I wear underwire bras and walk through the metal detector at court all the time. They waive the wand over me when the overhead machine beeps from it. It is a common thing, for an underwire bra to set off the metal detector. Israel has had them longer than we have, their officials should know this. The Israelis probably had other reasons for not wanting that female reporter there. Israel is not the US, even Israeli citizens don't have the same rights and personal freedoms that we have here, partly due to the need for security and partly due to the traditions and religion of the Jewish people who live there.

Whereas I respect the right the Israelis have to keep women in general away from the Wailing Wall, I don't like it and I don't think God really cares about whether women are there or not. But it's not my country.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    She was Palestinian, their breasts have been known to explode.
    "If the Bible is true why don't we have any urns or vessels that like say expires 6/15/300 BC on the bottom?"
    Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Had the one visiting Israel been Obama or Biden the same things would have been done. The difference would be that the WashPost probably would not report it, and if they did, there wouldn't be a DU thread about it. But the IRL incident involved a trifecta of Prog Hate: Israel; Netanyahu; VP Pence.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I wear underwire bras and walk through the metal detector at court all the time. They waive the wand over me when the overhead machine beeps from it. It is a common thing, for an underwire bra to set off the metal detector. Israel has had them longer than we have, their officials should know this. The Israelis probably had other reasons for not wanting that female reporter there. Israel is not the US, even Israeli citizens don't have the same rights and personal freedoms that we have here, partly due to the need for security and partly due to the traditions and religion of the Jewish people who live there.

Whereas I respect the right the Israelis have to keep women in general away from the Wailing Wall, I don't like it and I don't think God really cares about whether women are there or not. But it's not my country.
    Back in 1999 I had to get a passport quickly, so I went to the State Department office in SF. Their metal detector was so sensitive that I think some of my older fillings and a metal crown or two set it off (I emptied my pockets, removed my belt, shoes, glasses, watch and wedding ring, there was no metal on me).
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

A bra could easily hold a pound or more of molded C4 or other plastic explosive and what a kill that would be by the bad guys, taking out the PM or VPOTUS and as we all KNOW they will commit suicide in order to achieve their goals.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    A bra could easily hold a pound or more of molded C4 or other plastic explosive and what a kill that would be by the bad guys, taking out the PM or VPOTUS and as we all KNOW they will commit suicide in order to achieve their goals.
    OC, DU-folk would see that as a good thing.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I wouldn't do that. That's a really great way to get shot in the face.
    Last edited by Swampfox; 01-25-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    I know it's possible, but the idea makes me think of the Fem bots from the Austin Powers movies.

Its a good practice. And to show solidarity the local and network women (including the weather girls) should also consider joining in. The lady reporters in the field would appreciate the gesture I'm sure. I know I would.: adoration: