1. #1 I wish people would hold down their expectations Re: Russia Probe 
    link

Freelancer (793 posts)

I wish people would hold down their expectations Re: Russia Probe

Mueller could roll out and say something like: "Nothing happened. Go home everybody. Nothing to see here"

What are people going to do if that happens? Are they prepared for that possibility at all?

Thoughts?
    Kirk Lover (1,713 posts)

1. He's not going to say that because just think of what we already know that is out in the public

square. And we know hardly anything compared to Mueller. When there is smoke it either goes out or there is fire. This would of burnt out long ago...there is much there. Obstruction of justice will be the least of his worries..I promise.
    LOL. What they "know" is all liberal lore, meaning it's what they have been telling themselves is true - mob involvement, money laundering etc. - which there is no evidence for that we know of, but they are just positive it is so. Oh. And their 'connect the dots', so and so is a Russian and he does business with Trump's attorney...or someone Trump golfs with, etc, and that's proof that Trump is colluding with Russia. They are incapable or unwilling to untangle the lies, innuendo and what they want to believe from the facts.

The Velveteen Ocelot (57,173 posts)

2. There have already been indictments and guilty pleas.

There is no possibility that Mueller will say nothing happened.
    And the indictments and guilty pleas hove nothing to do with Trump/Russia collusion or ANYTHING that President Trump did that was wrong.

Corgigal (4,562 posts)

3. Wrong

I heard of stupid Trump since 1975.

I won't end well for him. He is what he is. We, New Yorkers hated that ass. He didn't live in NYC because we love him, it because we hate him.

Betting pool, down for a twenty.
    chuckstevens (614 posts)

5. You don't assemble the legal team Mueller has to say, Nope; nothing happened

1. Money laundering.
    2. A president being blackmailed over loans from the Russian mafia.
    3. A coordinated effort to collude with Russia.
    4. Numerous instances of Obstruction of Justice.
    More liberal lore.

spooky3 (20,063 posts)

8. Do you think Trump et al. would be working

So hard to obstruct and to attack the media and FBI if he had nothing to hide?
    Freelancer (793 posts)

14. I think he IS guilty, yet thinks he might win if he's relentless -nt
    Control-Z (12,853 posts)

9. If he said that I expect

the entire country to stand up in protest. I would expect nothing less than a national strike.

Are you kidding me? I hope people keep their expectations high.
    Everyone is supposed to be as unhinged as the Democrats.

bluestarone (1,815 posts)

10. Mueller will

NOT LET US DOWN
    Merry Fitzmas!!!
    Marie Marie (5,193 posts)

26. Especially since he has so much to work with.

So many crimes, so little time. Trump has been dirty his whole life and so have his business deals and funding. And the dirt followed him through the primaries, the general and now his Presidency. He can only ever win by hook AND by crook. Mueller will find a lot - and I have to believe that something is going to stick to him and take him down.
    democratisphere (6,532 posts)

11. Mueller will indict drumpf et al before the end of this year.

There will be mountains of evidence; more than anyone could ever imagine; on drumpf and his accomplices.
    pnwmom (88,090 posts)

13. Why does it help to hold down expectations? If he were to do that, then millions of people

need to respond with their SHOCK and OUTRAGE.

Not with, "Well whaddya expect? And how about those Seahawks?"

Shock and outrage?

stopbush (18,898 posts)

24. tRumps only defense at this point is that he knew nothing,

and the only way could know nothing is that hes a fucking moron, and if hes that big of a fucking moron then he should be removed from office because hes too stupid to be president.
    briv1016 (1,362 posts)

25. Way too much is known in the public space for Mueller to claim "Nothing to see here."

But, I wouldn't be surprised if Mueller indicts several members of Donald's administration including his family, Mueller recommends charges for Donald, the report gets classified, Donald pardons everyone and the Republican congress does nothing. Further, voter suppression, ID laws, (including a new federal law passed before November) gerrymandering and a little help from overseas friends prevent the Dems from taking back the House and Senate.

That's about where my expectations lay.
    PoindexterOglethorpe (4,539 posts)

28. He might just issue a report to Congress

and leave it up to them to do something.

Remember Fitzmas? This feels a lot like that.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    It's just a few bidness days away
    DUmmies! You can "Bank on it"!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

How long do the lib-morons think it takes to investigate a money-laundering case??

Besides, all a Special Counsel does is gather evidence and give it to Congress for charges. They're confusing Muellar with being an 'Independent Counsel'.

They've been hammering at this same fantasy since 2000.

" WE DIDN'T LOSE , THEY CHEATED. "

They use this to keep from doing the one thing that they have to do more then anything ; self examination.

This has lead to the whole Cult of victimhood and their endless attacks on the American Voters.
    Calling everyone a bigot , a Racist , Homophobe , Xenophobe , idiots , morons , and whatever is just letting themselves off the hook for mistakes they've made, or will make in the future.

In the end , maybe that's what they 've really been fighting ... the Future. If you look at most of the stuff they do , its always something in the past that is long since become history, which really no one can do anything about.

Social Justice Warriors wants to fight the Spanish Civil War , or the rise of the Nazis, be part of the Stonewall riots or even take part in the Civil Rights Movement, Hell, I' m sure there's some crazy jerkazoid out there who wants to be part of Sherman's March To The
    Sea. By living in past you're robbing today and making all of the tomorrows stillborn.

Recently, someone explained something to me I found very profound ; the stage for people who have been a victim is becoming a survivor. we now have entire sections of this country who cling to Victimhood because they've become addicted to it like a drug and they refuse to take the next step because they have to change, but they don't want to let go of being a Victim because they think being a victim is a license to do anything you want to anyone you want when you want to and always claim the moral high ground over everyone.

Well , enough is enough of this stupid crap , time for the folks over at DU , those who get triggered over nothing and everyone who has to crawl into a Safe Space over less then nothing to grow the Fuck up and be an adult up for change.

Love, Uncle Danny.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Hell, I' m sure there's some crazy jerkazoid out there who wants to be part of Sherman's March To The
    Sea.
    We got that one right here.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

chuckstevens (614 posts)

5. You don't assemble the legal team Mueller has to say, Nope; nothing happened
    You do in an honest investigation. The whole purpose of an investigation is to investigate what may have happened by examining the facts. The DUmmies approached this with the foregone conclusion that Trump must have cheated somehow when he beat hillary who they were convinced was owed the title of President. They ASSumed that mueller would simply tie a nice bow on the package and hand hillary her "rightly due" title.

bluestarone (1,815 posts)

10. Mueller will

NOT LET US DOWN
    another example of the flawed logic the DUmmies are clinging to. They feel that Mueller is somehow on "their team" and will pull one out of the hat and hand them the results they want. Mueller's title of special counsel does not put him in the DUmmie's corner.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

We are not going to know what Mueller has uncovered, if anything, until he completes his investigation and issues a report. Even if there is proof of collusion with the Russians by members of the campaign or by Trump himself, it's not necessarily a crime. If money was exchanged to buy illegally obtained emails, for example, that might be a crime. Or if the Russians actually tapped into the voting computer system and changed vote tallies with the knowledge and consent of the Trump campaign.

The only other crimes would be obstruction of justice, if the administration interfered with the investigation in any way. That's what most legal experts are saying that they think Mueller is going for, although not necessarily toward Trump himself.

There's no collusion to commit a crime with Russia. Other than the fact that it makes no sense whatsoever, with all the leaks, we would have heard something by now. The one leak we did get was a text message from Peter Strzok saying "there is no big there there" when it comes to the Mueller investigation and he joined the team anyway.

Whether Mueller and the partisans on his team will try some BS obstruction charge for firing Comey even though Trump had every reason and right to fire him is another story. I guess we'll find out.

If anyone was colluding with the Russians it was the Democrats in the guise of Hillary .

Power CUer
    just think of what we already know that is out in the public
    What exactly so you "know"?

So far, there's no there there.

All you have is a Clinton paid-for dossier with information provided by Clinton's people (including Sid Blumenthal) to a British agent who hadn't been in Russia in 25 years (Steele) [and who is currently walking back claims of the veracity of the document in a lawsuit] written up by the wife of a DOJ deputy AG (Nellie Ohr) for a left wing PR firm (Fusion GPS) whose wife spent 12 hours with Obama at the White House before the FISA warrant had been thought up.

You have a meeting set up with a Russian woman (connected to the Democrats) to ostensibly talk about Russian adoption and Hillary Clinton dirt--not illegal, btw--and this woman provided nothing to help Trump or his election.

You have some Russian operatives who bought some Facebook ads and there is ZERO evidence that they were even remotely connected to Trump.

You have Obama calling states asking them if "The Russians" had hacked their elections, though there was no real evidence of hacking. Note that the only REAL hackers were Obama's own people from DHS.

So what is it that you have again?

That Trump may have wanted to build a hotel in Moscow? Public knowledge for years. And no reason for the Russians to help him. (Actually, this might be motivation for Trump to mess with the Russian elections, of which, I hasten to add, there is ZERO evidence and would not be an issue now.)

So, again, what do you "know"?