Hybrid View

1. #1 Sweden passes law to completely supervise internet et.c. 
    The Swedish version of the Patriot act was passed today. Protestors were numerous, peaceful and loud. The law will grant a department within our DOD the right to scan all signals that go through cable over the border of the nation. In practice this means that big brother is watching the internet, reading our mail and looking at us through our webcams (most of the internet traffic goes across the border of our small country).

The law was originally written by the former leftist majority, but the opposition and some non-party-loyal voters of our congress made sure the proposition would never become fact.

Two years later, our government is right-wing. Unfortunately the reds weren't the only ones who forgot which side's which; the leftist wildly protested and voted against the law which they wrote two years ago while the right-wing voted and passed the law by majority.

The few congressmen of the right-wing that has protested and signalled that they would vote no had the law loosely modified to contain a few sentences (irrelevant in practice) that imply that the government should take great concern in individual integrity while wire-tapping every citizen of our nation.

Today I stood outside of our parliament and cheered and applaused a communist. He was the one who stood up to liberty today. I can no longer affiliate with the "official" right-wing parties. This fall I will begin to work with a newly founded libertarian/conservative party.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

This was said in Congress earlier this week by a member of what used to be called the communist party. The irony of it disgusts me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by axxxel View Post
    The Swedish version of the Patriot act was passed today. Protestors were numerous, peaceful and loud. The law will grant a department within our DOD the right to scan all signals that go through cable over the border of the nation. In practice this means that big brother is watching the internet, reading our mail and looking at us through our webcams (most of the internet traffic goes across the border of our small country).

The law was originally written by the former leftist majority, but the opposition and some non-party-loyal voters of our congress made sure the proposition would never become fact.

Two years later, our government is right-wing. Unfortunately the reds weren't the only ones who forgot which side's which; the leftist wildly protested and voted against the law which they wrote two years ago while the right-wing voted and passed the law by majority.

The few congressmen of the right-wing that has protested and signalled that they would vote no had the law loosely modified to contain a few sentences (irrelevant in practice) that imply that the government should take great concern in individual integrity while wire-tapping every citizen of our nation.

Today I stood outside of our parliament and cheered and applaused a communist. He was the one who stood up to liberty today. I can no longer affiliate with the "official" right-wing parties. This fall I will begin to work with a newly founded libertarian/conservative party.

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

This was said in Congress earlier this week by a member of what used to be called the communist party. The irony of it disgusts me.
    The Right are just as willing to sacrifice civil liberties in the name of "national security," as are the Left in the name of "Equality."

That's true. The ridiculous part is that we are not under threat from terrorism. We're not even almost under threat from terrorism. Terror simply isn't a problem in everyday or exceptionalday-life here.

There were a couple of congressmen who were elected solely for their ability to say no to peer-pressure and vote against big-government and this kind of worrying laws. The complete outrage of their supporters is so massive I wouldn't be surprised if they committed suicide or resigned.

Passing a law is a wonderful thing - if you’re willing to pay for it.

The Swedes are at about 63% in taxes on their incomes presently. Will this wonderful legislation make that percentage decrease? Capturing information is becoming cheaper by the day.

Data storage that use to cost a fortune is pennies now, but somebody’s got to look at it. That process costs a butt-load of money. If there’s no human review - then you’re forced to rely strictly on machines to pick the fly shit out of the pepper. And that can cause a great deal of water-boarding at places like GITMO and a bunch of talking head lawyers to be interviewed on CNN regarding the nature of what constitutes torture.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)