Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Polls swing toward GOP, easing fears of midterm disaster 
    link

TomCADem (11,774 posts)

Polls swing toward GOP, easing fears of midterm disaster

Source: MSN/The Hill

Republicans are feeling better about their prospects in the midterm elections, buoyed by recent polls that show their numbers improving.

An ebullient President Trump touted the shift in public sentiment reflected in recent polls during a joint Senate-House Republican retreat in West Virginia this week.

"I just looked at some numbers, you've even done better than you thought," Trump told lawmakers, citing poll numbers he discussed Thursday with National Republican Congressional Committee (NRCC) chairman Steve Stivers (R-Ohio).

"The numbers are pretty good and that's one example of how things are getting better," Stivers told reporters after discussing polling numbers with Trump.

Read more: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

Can you imagine how good Democrats would have done if they had an entire media apparatus dedicated to making them look good? Not mere bias, but 24/7 apparatus supported by a willingness to use the powers of the Federal government for political ends.

I think our Democracy is doomed as Republicans are increasingly willing to go all in and collude with the White House in obstructing justice and ignoring the law.

What? You are going to take to the streets?

IT DOES NOT MATTER BECAUSE IT WILL NEVER BE SEEN BY THE 40 PERCENT OF PEOPLE PLUGGED INTO THE RW MEDIA BUBBLE!

If we cannot even convince the folks closest to us, the racist brother-in-law, our Fox News watching father, that Trump is perverting our Constitution, how is walking in the streets going to convince strangers? Indeed, I bet a lot of us just choose not discuss politics to avoid the unpleasantness in a daily act of cowardice.

Democracies die. It happened in Germany under Hitler. It happened in Venezuela. It is happening here.

But her, don't worry. Even on the left, you have Susan Sarandon, Cornel West, and Ed Schultz who will tell you that it would have been far worse if you voted for the neoliberal Democrats.
    They never stop to think that THEY are the problem. They are the intolerant racists who not only have the media in their pockets but are protecting and encouraging corruption and hate.

Dawson Leery (16,700 posts)
    2. ABC/Post has us up by 12 among likely voters.

Reply to this post
    Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Dawson Leery (Reply #2)
    Sun Feb 4, 2018, 02:48 PM
    Hortensis (20,151 posts)

41. I'd put my money on that. The OP polls reflect all

the noise about "the memo," BEFORE its actual release caused a euphoria crash.

We had a bit of that here. One of our neighbors reportedly confidently told another that its release would cause the media to turn on the Democrats and we'd be in big trouble. We haven't asked for an update on that, but will.
    Just wait. It's too early yet to see the fall out from the truth coming out about abuse of power and corruption by the Obama Administration and their lackeys.

underthematrix (4,162 posts)

3. I disagree. This is about white people and how they feel about their whiteness.

It's about their cultural brand being usurped by other brands. As long as white people are the majority of people exercising their right to vote we're going to have this problem.

My husband is white but he's very secure so he votes his interest instead of his grievance. We care about other people so when we vote we feel a responsibility to make sure our vote will makes their lives better too.
    Racism is alive, well and accepted at DU. White people are the problem. They are voting their skin color and their 'grievances' and WE (leftists) are sooooo very superior to those 'racists' who don't vote the way WE demand they vote. /gag

Liberals tell themselves they are 'right' and not only are their beliefs superior to others, but THEY are superior to everyone else. All other beliefs are defined by them as "hate" and in turn justifies their hatred and intolerance.

And DU is a prime example of this.

cstanleytech (15,266 posts)

5. We have months until the election and given Trumps loud mouth and the Repugnants

arrogance the odds are they are going to mess up before then.
    Or in other words we just need to give them enough rope to hang themselves with.
    Nothing about the arrogance of liberals/Democrats. Naturally.

marylandblue (3,345 posts)

6. People are happy with their tax cuts, and the FBI attacks are working.

I talked with some Trumpian relatives and they were thrilled with their pay increases. Another is now convinced the deep state is out to get Trump.

Is this going to carry the GOP through November? I hope not.
    not fooled (2,442 posts)

33. Disgusting

just goes to show you can fool some of the people (liberals) all the time.

The thing that truly pisses me off is the lack of context--are people really so stupid as to trade a short-term boost of a few dollars (if that) in their paycheck vs. health insurance going up, destroying SS and Medicare (because we know that's the next step in the plan) and letting the rich loot the treasury?

Oh, well--I might as well wonder whether enough 'Muricans are dumb enough to vote for a failed businessman criminal Russian puppet money launderer.

Perseus (724 posts)

20. CONFIRMED: USA Voters are ignorant

This is very sad, how ignorant and fanatical people in the USA are.

The fact there are networks singing praises to the repubs should mean zero, you don't need a network to tell you how to think.

Have you ever wondered why, in the USA, cars in a two lane road, waiting for the green light, line up behind the first one to get there leaving the other lane almost empty?

Keep reminding normal people how much you despise and hate them! It worked so well for Hillary!
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

3. I disagree. This is about white people and how they feel about their whiteness.

It's about their cultural brand being usurped by other brands. As long as white people are the majority of people exercising their right to vote we're going to have this problem.
    that's why you guys are hell bent on cramming as many brown illegal aliens into this Country and encouraging them to vote...
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

It's about their cultural brand being usurped by other brands. ...
    While I do not at all mind Libs, Progs, and Ds self-sabotaging themselves with stupid delusions like this, these are delusions, and they are stupid.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    This has nothing to do with race, you nicompoops! Substance over symbolism. That's what it always is for 99% of conservatives.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Power CUer
    Can you imagine how good Democrats would have done if they had an entire media apparatus dedicated to making them look good?
    Just dying on the floor here.

CNN, NBC, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, New York Times, Washington Post---just to name a few--have been NON STOP anti-Trump.

News coverage of Trump is really, really negative. Even on Fox News.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.42c411e0a563

Study: News Coverage Of Trump More Negative Than For Other Presidents
    https://www.npr.org/2017/10/02/55509...her-presidents

Byron York: Harvard study: CNN, NBC Trump coverage 93 percent negative
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/by...articl/2623641

So yes, Tommy Boy, I can well imagine an entire media apparatus dedicated to making the Dems look good--by making Trump look bad. :)

In fact, I don't have to imagine it at all....

Media Matters has planned it that way:

Full David Brock Confidential Memo On Fighting Trump
    https://www.scribd.com/document/3375...Fighting-Trump

I noticed that remark about the entire apparatus being dedicated to making Trump look good. I guess next will be how Hollywood has Trump's back too.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by 3rd-try View Post
    I noticed that remark about the entire apparatus being dedicated to making Trump look good. I guess next will be how Hollywood has Trump's back too.
    Oh yes. Our friends in Hollywood.

DUers, there is still a chance to pull this out, you must turn your 'Left' up to 11 and make repeal of the tax cuts the very keystone of your campaign! DUAC! DUAC! DUAC!
    Last edited by DumbAss Tanker; 02-06-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Power CUer