Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Does anyone actually like Amazon? 
    Banned
    For some reason, people like Amazon a lot.

But isn't it nothing more than a glorified Sears catalog?

I've found prices on Amazon are more expensive than the local big box stores. It is hard to shop on Amazon. Type anything in the search box and you get 30,000,000 results. If I do manage to filter those down to the one I want, then it says 'add 5.01 for free shipping!' and I have to start the process all over again.

The concept of 'prime' is very odd to me. I have heard that when Amazon raises the membership fee, sales actually go up because people want to get 'their money's worth' for having had paid the fee and therefore they order more.

What is also odd to me is this voice ordering system in which you just tell it to order 'cheerios' and it will automatically do it. But are you even comparing prices then by just telling a machine to order it for you?

Internet shopping just isn't for me. I am always being sent the wrong item or it comes and the color or size is different than what the picture showed. Even harder is the hassle in coordinating with delivery drivers because they are always in such a mad rush and come at odd times. Also, I want to add then whenever I order a lot online (to get free shipping or something) the items always end up being sent from different parts of the country. So, one order becomes three orders all delivered at different times. Returning something is hard and so is trying to reach a live person to fix a problem.

I've also read many stories about how warehouses that ship internet orders have very harsh work conditions.

I don't understand how Amazon has such a positive image.

I don't use Amazon. But then I don't use Facebook, as I value my privacy and my time, don't want to get addicted to the stupid phone. There's a reason I don't use Amazon. Maybe I hold a grudge for too long, as I never forgave them for the tough time I had with my laptop about 4 years ago.

The screen broke fairly shortly after we bought it. Amazon would do nothing, even though we used an Amazon credit card to buy it. I'm very persistent, but they wouldn't budge. So we paid the almost $200 for the new screen. I put my Amazon credit card through the shredder as I promised I'd do. Amazon could care less.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I like it. I do a little bit of shopping on it but the real reason I have it is for this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W59c5w_3eCM
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Liberalism is what the stupid think is smart.

I like it. I'm a prime member and I access their music selections and ebooks. I also order from them a bit. With prime, I get 2-day shipping on most items they have in the warehouses. I have no complaints.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

I'm neutral to it. I can't think of anything I would specifically buy on it. Maybe a drone kit. Someone gave me an Amazon Fire for Christmas, but I haven't accessed it yet because it says it can't detect a wireless signal. Even though my house has been wireless for years.

I'm more of a brick & mortar person. Know what I want. Go there and get it.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'm a Prime member but only till the free
    trial runs out, heh! I don't buy enough stuff
    that required shipping to make it worth the
    member fee.

But I do buy eBooks from them and have
    no complaints. I also still have the original
    Kindle I bought from them. It's still working
    but the batteries are going and it will need
    replacing in the near future.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I like it. You can find almost any book or music you want, and then some.

I miss Borders and I still love the huge used bookstore in downtown Detroit (John King Books-worth a stop if you are ever in Detroit), but you can get anything on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    I like it. I'm a prime member and I access their music selections and ebooks. I also order from them a bit. With prime, I get 2-day shipping on most items they have in the warehouses. I have no complaints.
    SR: get the kindle app for your phone, iPad, PC etc and don’t spend for a new device. My original kindle has been on the shelf for years. The only reason I keep it is it has books stored on it that would cost considerable to replace.

The “free two day shipping” was really slipping there for a while but since we got a shipping center or two local it’s better now.

Finding the right thing needs as complete a description as you can give. Rather than ‘laptop’ you ask for ‘dell laptop 13” touch screen lighted keyboard” - if you don’t have that understanding of your wants it can take a looonnngggg time to winnow the options down.

I’ve gotten to buying groceries there that my locals stores have stopped carrying. Buy furnace filters in 6-packs, spicy momma mustard the same, refrigerator filters, etc. As for price, it’s worth a little extra to save the gas, wear and tear on the vehicles and to avoid having to deal with the idiots who think they know how to drive.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    . If you ain't havin' fun, it's your own damn fault

Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    SR: get the kindle app for your phone, iPad, PC etc and don’t spend for a new device. My original kindle has been on the shelf for years. The only reason I keep it is it has books stored on it that would cost considerable to replace.

The “free two day shipping” was really slipping there for a while but since we got a shipping center or two local it’s better now.

Finding the right thing needs as complete a description as you can give. Rather than ‘laptop’ you ask for ‘dell laptop 13” touch screen lighted keyboard” - if you don’t have that understanding of your wants it can take a looonnngggg time to winnow the options down.

I’ve gotten to buying groceries there that my locals stores have stopped carrying. Buy furnace filters in 6-packs, spicy momma mustard the same, refrigerator filters, etc. As for price, it’s worth a little extra to save the gas, wear and tear on the vehicles and to avoid having to deal with the idiots who think they know how to drive.
    Exactly. I have the Kindle app on all my devices so that I can get to my current book(s) anywhere I am. Same for Amazon Music.
    Cast your burden on the Lord,
    and he will sustain you;
    he will never permit
    the righteous to be moved.
    Psalm 55:22

I use it occasionally, but you need to watch pricing. I started using Walmart and like it better than Amazon.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.