Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Yep, #MeToo is backfiring. It's collapsing in on itself due to vengeful false accusations and rank hypocrisy. In less than a year it's gone from cleansing Weinstein-grade jerks from various industries to harming those it claims to help.
    #MeToo is merely an extension of what has been going on in colleges and universities since the Dear Colleague letter of 2011: no due process, men being thrown out of professional institutionalized settings (school, job) on a woman's untested claims, and vilification in the public square. Who needs the court system anyway?

The schools now have a parallel system to the official courts when it comes to felonious sexual assault accusations. As with all parallel systems, eventually one will drop off or become an anachronism.

Will our general society also now have a parallel system in social media witch hunts?

It's not the sea change you idiots think, human social structures are a lot more resilient than you dopes think, once they're established. You live in a media and social network groupthink bubble and your view of the world is based entirely on what you and those who closely agree with you choose to see and hear.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    It's not the sea change you idiots think, human social structures are a lot more resilient than you dopes think, once they're established. You live in a media and social network groupthink bubble and your view of the world is based entirely on what you and those who closely agree with you choose to see and hear.

Not that the oh-so-(self-described)-superior-intellects of DU will ever be able to see the truth of it.

As I read somewhere by a poster in here, about them having their heads so far up their you-know-whats that they end up looking through their teeth!

Or words to that effect.

American By Choice ~ 1980

Found it! It was SVPete's post #12 here ...

http://www.conservativeunderground.c...931#post759931

*happy-smile*

American By Choice ~ 1980

I support UNexit: Get the US out of the UN; Get the UN out of the US!

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I dated a deaf girl when I was 16 but couldn't get used to the communication gap, what was I thinking!
    So your the one, I dated her later and by then she had also gone blind, but she owned a chain of Liquor stores, Deaf, blind and owned liquor stores, life was good till she regained her eye sight and and speech, wow, I dumped her then...
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole Cowboy View Post
    So your the one, I dated her later and by then she had also gone blind, but she owned a chain of Liquor stores, Deaf, blind and owned liquor stores, life was good till she regained her eye sight and and speech, wow, I dumped her then...
    You don't know what you've got till it's gone.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Uncomfortable... wudda laugh.