1. #1 California Moves To Force Public Universities To Administer Abortion Pills 
    Power CUer
    Yesterday, I heard a local news item that UCSD would now having vending machines with Plan B on their campuses. It's a quick jump from a pill-popping (possible) abortion on the day after sex to a pill-popping actual abortion in your dorm room after the pregnancy test. California wants to make sure that college girls have access to a do-it-yourself abortion, regardless of the known risks of these kinds of abortions to the young woman's health and life.

California Moves To Force Public Universities To Administer Abortion Pills
    http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/09/...bortion-pills/

...The California state assembly is now considering SB 320, a measure that would mandate that all California state-funded universities administer RU-486, a drug designed to induce abortion, on their campuses. The idea is to have schools partner with mega-abortion providers so that students at risk from a lonely and potentially dangerous abortion can access them from their dorm rooms....

The FDA reports that such drug-induced abortions have led to cases of extreme bleeding, infection and incomplete abortions requiring a surgery, and even to the death of mothers. The drugs are especially dangerous to women who are later in pregnancy or are experiencing an ectopic pregnancy, both conditions which must be determined by an ultrasound (using equipment not usually found in a college health center.) And that is before we add in the emotional experience of waiting alone in a bathroom to see the pre-born infant pass into a toilet....

The bill is, of course, supported by Planned Parenthood who can become a "contractor" of services to the universities. What a gravy train for them!

The bill would empower the Treasurer of a Medication Abortion Implementation Fund to “hire appropriate individuals or contract with an external organization or organizations to provide consultation to each public university student health center to establish plans and budgets for implementation of abortion by medication techniques. (And) Hire appropriate individuals or contract with external organizations to create and provide appropriate trainings for staff of each public university student health center.”

The billion-dollar abortion industry could get a cut as they counsel college and university health centers on how to become abortion vendors.
    The California State University system is, of course, worried about liability--and they should be:

CSU officials have talked with the media, expressing concerns that such a mandate “would impose severe costs for liability insurance, safety improvements, medical training and round-the-clock phone support for medical emergencies.”
    Read the article for some descriptions of suffering and death caused by RU486.

The author sums it up this way:

In handing out potentially deadly drugs to students who don’t have a frame of reference for how much pain is too much and how much blood loss is dangerous, California contemplates becoming the bellwether state in experimenting with young lives.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 02-10-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Vending machines?

My school's health center would administer what was then called "the morning after pill", but they did a full physical and a pelvic exam before administering it.

I'm not opposed to Plan B, as I am pro choice. I am opposed to it being administered without a prescription. It can cause excessive bleeding in women.

North of New Orleans, but still on the coast
    I guess if it stops libs from having babies I won't complain too much. Matter of fact I might call it "taxpayer money well spent for a change!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Vending machines?

My school's health center would administer what was then called "the morning after pill", but they did a full physical and a pelvic exam before administering it.

I'm not opposed to Plan B, as I am pro choice. I am opposed to it being administered without a prescription. It can cause excessive bleeding in women.
    The problem is that the side effects of Plan B and ESPECIALLY of RU 486 can be severe. From that same article:

http://thefederalist.com/2018/02/09/...bortion-pills/

...Writing about her chemical abortion, former Planned Parenthood clinic director Abby Johnson talked about her horrific encounter with an abortion that lasted for 8 weeks and began minutes after taking the drug.

“Ten minutes later, I started to feel pain in my abdomen unlike anything I had ever experienced,” she wrote. “Then the blood came. It was gushing out of me. I couldn’t wear a pad … nothing was able to absorb the amount of blood I was losing. The only thing I could do was sit on the toilet. I sat there for hours … bleeding, throwing up into the bathroom trashcan, crying and sweating. I used to watch shows about childbirth. I would see these women in labor and they would be covered in sweat. I would always think, ‘Gosh, do they keep it hot in the delivery room, or what?’ But at that moment, sitting on the toilet, I knew it wasn’t from heat … it was from pain.”

Writing about his pain as a father, Monty Patterson recalls the day his 18-year-old daughter Holly died in a San Francisco area hospital from Septic Shock due to endomyometritis (uterus-related blood infection) caused by a drug-induced abortion. He learned about RU-486 at his daughter’s bedside, when “the doctor came in and briskly explained, ‘We are doing everything we can for her, but she might not make it. These things sometimes happen as a result of the pill.’

“I was completely baffled,” he wrote. “‘What, the birth control pill?’ I asked. ‘No, the abortion pill,’ the doctor replied.”

The family later learned that Holly had called the Planned Parenthood clinic hotline to complain about severe cramping, and was told to take a prescribed Tylenol-Codeine painkiller.

“After Holly’s funeral, I learned that she had relied on information from the internet in addition to the advice she had received from her abortion provider (Planned Parenthood) about the risks of medical abortion,” her father wrote.

And therein lies the problem. In handing out potentially deadly drugs to students who don’t have a frame of reference for how much pain is too much and how much blood loss is dangerous, California contemplates becoming the bellwether state in experimenting with young lives...