Thread: Hey, guys...DU banned me, but for no apparent reason

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 47 of 47
  1. #41  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Hello Elspeth. Welcome.

    I used to post at DU. I didn't get kicked out but just left in disgust at what was going on (and that was well before the war between the the Hillary Supporters and the followers of the Messiah). The screeds became too numerous and shrill.

    I've been following, and being involved in, politics since the Carter years. I've never seen the level of visceral hatred and nastiness exhibited by the followers of Obama. Any challenge to the magic thinking is jumped on and stomped immediately. It is ugly and unfortunate, and ultimately unnecessary as well as counterproductive to their own cause.

    I'm not trying to lay the blame for this behavior at Obama's feet, but am saying that there is a disturbing quality to the responses of some of his followers. It sounds like your voice of reason was drowned out in the din of a madhouse.

    Sorry that happened to you.
    Thanks. And it's good to know that someone else gets it. DU is not really a safe place for the average Democrat. What worries me is that there is a pattern of abuse and threats (for which people do NOT get banned) and a pattern of banning of those who are not threatening or abusive. The recent "Messianic war" over there was different only in a matter of degree.

    The fact that the very abusive, profanity-laden Frenchie Cat is allowed free reign says it all. This is a woman who wouldn't recognize a logical thought if it hit her over the head. She spends most of her time spewing profanity, threatening people, and, in general, acting like someone permanently enraged. Yet, she, and her bandwidth-hogging blog, remain, while decent posters are banned, usually when they haven't broken any of the board rules.

    My own diagnosis of Frenchie Cat is that she has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which causes her to be hypersensitive and produces a knee-jerk, off-the-charts, defensive reaction. A little Lexapro might go a long way to helping her cope with her ever-present anxiety. Meanwhile, DU is enabling her mental illness.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #42  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Thanks. And it's good to know that someone else gets it. DU is not really a safe place for the average Democrat. What worries me is that there is a pattern of abuse and threats (for which people do NOT get banned) and a pattern of banning of those who are not threatening or abusive. The recent "Messianic war" over there was different only in a matter of degree.

    The fact that the very abusive, profanity-laden Frenchie Cat is allowed free reign says it all. This is a woman who wouldn't recognize a logical thought if it hit her over the head. She spends most of her time spewing profanity, threatening people, and, in general, acting like someone permanently enraged. Yet, she, and her bandwidth-hogging blog, remain, while decent posters are banned, usually when they haven't broken any of the board rules.

    My own diagnosis of Frenchie Cat is that she has Generalized Anxiety Disorder, which causes her to be hypersensitive and produces a knee-jerk, off-the-charts, defensive reaction. A little Lexapro might go a long way to helping her cope with her ever-present anxiety. Meanwhile, DU is enabling her mental illness.
    Your diagnosis is probably correct concerning Frenchie Cat. In addition to the Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I think she also has ocularrectumarosis, where the portion of the brain responsible for vision becomes dominated by the portion of the brain in charge of operating the lower intestine and anus, and the sufferer consequently has a shitty outlook on life.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #43  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Your diagnosis is probably correct concerning Frenchie Cat. In addition to the Generalized Anxiety Disorder, I think she also has ocularrectumarosis, where the portion of the brain responsible for vision becomes dominated by the portion of the brain in charge of operating the lower intestine and anus, and the sufferer consequently has a shitty outlook on life.
    ROFL!!!!:D
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #44  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Elspeth, welcome home to CU.

    It's good to see you here.
    Thank you!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #45  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    114
    FrenchieCat is passionate about whatever she believes at the time. She was as irrational and not open to debate as she was in 04 when she supported General Clark.

    My problem with DU is how elastic their principles are and how they can be stretched to meet the needs of the moment...It's actually quite Leninist...

    Ninety percent of them have a visceral hate for Israel but now that Obama has become a Israelphile (sic) the Israel bashing is gone...If Obama or Gore was the pres the last eight years there would have been infintely less condemnation of Israel...

    Most DUmmies supported public financing...Now that Obama opposes it they do too...

    Most DUmmies venerated Bill Clinton...They pilloried him this campaign season for having the audacity to support his wife's bid for the presidency...

    Find a principle and stick to it.


    As a life long center left Democrat I have never been so disappointed with my choices for president. I have to choose to between a seventy two year old man with health issues and a person who would never be hired as a CEO of a Dow Thirty company with such a thin resume...
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #46  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    8,125
    Quote Originally Posted by everyman68 View Post
    FrenchieCat is passionate about whatever she believes at the time. She was as irrational and not open to debate as she was in 04 when she supported General Clark.

    My problem with DU is how elastic their principles are and how they can be stretched to meet the needs of the moment...It's actually quite Leninist...

    Ninety percent of them have a visceral hate for Israel but now that Obama has become a Israelphile (sic) the Israel bashing is gone...If Obama or Gore was the pres the last eight years there would have been infintely less condemnation of Israel...

    Most DUmmies supported public financing...Now that Obama opposes it they do too...

    Most DUmmies venerated Bill Clinton...They pilloried him this campaign season for having the audacity to support his wife's bid for the presidency...

    Find a principle and stick to it.


    As a life long center left Democrat I have never been so disappointed with my choices for president. I have to choose to between a seventy two year old man with health issues and a person who would never be hired as a CEO of a Dow Thirty company with such a thin resume...

    I think you and I are in exactly the same boat. Being a center left Democrat is a thankless position on DU, and I think that the Democratic party is losing its way precisely because they are not listening to the thinking center and are allowing a certain extremist process to take hold. I wouldn't say ideology because you are right: nobody sticks to principles there, just the process of being extreme about whatever the belief du jour is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #47  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    I think you and I are in exactly the same boat. Being a center left Democrat is a thankless position on DU, and I think that the Democratic party is losing its way precisely because they are not listening to the thinking center and are allowing a certain extremist process to take hold. I wouldn't say ideology because you are right: nobody sticks to principles there, just the process of being extreme about whatever the belief du jour is.

    The Republican brand is so tarnished the Democrats don't have to do much more than sit back and watch...That's how it was for Democrats in the wake of Jimmy Carter's presidency...

    I consider myself a pragmatist and a realist. Obama's lack of experience concerns me...


    Anywho, this election saddens me...The choices stink..Biden, Richardson, Edwards, and Hillary would have been much better alternatives to McCain and Obama but as I said the Republican brand is so tarnished that Obama should win despite himself...


    BTW- I am not surprised that you were banned after using your DU screen name here... BuzzClick and Liberal Historian posted here but they mostly defended the nonsense that is parcelled out at DU...
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •