Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Yesterday? I didn't even know I was banned yesterday. What did they do, make a public announcement?
    Here's the first one I saw. Apparently it happened on Monday:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...355987#6362004

thewiseguy (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-16-08 01:28 PM
    Response to Reply #67
    94. Nice to see you finally got your pizza. Rethug.
    JVS (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-17-08 08:58 AM
    Response to Reply #94
    97. Awesome!
    Another thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...372975#6373035

chimpsrsmarter (1000+ posts) Tue Jun-17-08 01:06 AM
    Response to Original message
    51. this primary brought out some ugly things in people i never would have expected.
    one of them used to post in gd and i liked their threads, they came in here and it was like a different person. One of them that got banned yesterday actually posts at a freeper board and it sure looks like she's a McCain supporter, she is no democrat.
    Last edited by Kimberly; 06-18-2008 at 11:06 PM. Reason: added another link

There're only three types of posters they want on the site. The first is one that regularly directs venom or manufactured hatred toward CEOs, republicans, republican office holders, conservative ideals, conservatives in general, religious believers, white folks from the south, and of course GWB.
    The second is the type of poster who can be easily be shamed or embarrased and forced to back track on a position because the internet bullies think it's too centrist. "Oh.....you think the capital gains tax should not be raised? Sounds like a Freeper!" "What....? you don't think it's nice to call Clarence Thomas or Condi Rice Uncle Tom's or other racial adjectives? You sure you aren't on the wrong site?" "Huh, you say you don't think Tim Russert was a right wing whore? Enjoy your stay....."
    The third type of poster is just the basic cheerleader who either affirms, parrots or grovels and is nice to have around to let the older annointed ones know how creative, or insightful they are.

So if you aren't one of the above, or a combination of all three, you are not going to feel welcome there. Some who don't quite genuflect do survive, like OMC. But you can just imagine how many are just itchin to rag on him like they did to you, when he's shown the door.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    You see Elspeth you are willing to discussing any issue , or subject with all kinds of people; you're willing to test the metal of your beliefs.

Moonbats only want their's parroted back at them; the echo chamber.

You are more open minded and open hearted with hate towards none.

Moonbats can't stand those who are not slaves to their hate, which of course, you are not.

Rejoice.

And Hi Genevieve.

How joining the discussing instead of just peeping in the window.
    Just remember Genevieve, any idea, or belief not worth defending is not worth having.
    Thank you for this post. And your last sentence is a gem!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberly View Post
    Here's the first one I saw. Apparently it happened on Monday:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...355987#6362004

Another thread:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...372975#6373035
    Isn't it ironic that the first DU thread is where I am arguing for a plurality of Englishes. I am actually arguing that elitism is not a good practice. If that makes me a Republican, then what are the Democrats about? I thought the Democratic party was about not being elitist. And back when I joined the party, it wasn't. Something has really changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    There're only three types of posters they want on the site. The first is one that regularly directs venom or manufactured hatred toward CEOs, republicans, republican office holders, conservative ideals, conservatives in general, religious believers, white folks from the south, and of course GWB.
    The second is the type of poster who can be easily be shamed or embarrased and forced to back track on a position because the internet bullies think it's too centrist. "Oh.....you think the capital gains tax should not be raised? Sounds like a Freeper!" "What....? you don't think it's nice to call Clarence Thomas or Condi Rice Uncle Tom's or other racial adjectives? You sure you aren't on the wrong site?" "Huh, you say you don't think Tim Russert was a right wing whore? Enjoy your stay....."
    The third type of poster is just the basic cheerleader who either affirms, parrots or grovels and is nice to have around to let the older annointed ones know how creative, or insightful they are.

So if you aren't one of the above, or a combination of all three, you are not going to feel welcome there. Some who don't quite genuflect do survive, like OMC. But you can just imagine how many are just itchin to rag on him like they did to you, when he's shown the door.
    Operation Mind Crime does manage to stay afloat, doesn't he. People with lesser "sins" have been banned from the board, but he does ok. Also, there was someone called Redstone (I think it was Redstone) who seemed to be quite rational.

But you're right: I am not a knee jerk spewer of any dogma, I am not shamed into anything, and I am no cheerleader. All I kept trying to do was to point out that THEIR OWN BEHAVIOR toward Hillary supporters or those not in love with Obama was causing people to leave and to consider voting for other candidates. That's all.

Amazing that for that message I was called every racist name in the book. But since I can post it here, I will say, if you use the c-word and leave it up on the board all day, there are a lot of women who will be repelled and perhaps they will rethink their membership in a party that is willing to allow it, especially when a similarly hateful word for any other group would be removed.

Nobody has ever been banned on CU for supporting a particular candidate or for holding divergent political or social views. Some have been banned for being dickheads but that's due to behavior not belief.

To the DUmp, all true blue Democrats have to support a rigid set of positions without any question. They all must avoid any non-hive information or conversation. They all have to support the official "enemies" list.

It's exactly like being a 13 year old girl in the cool girls' clique except without the cute clothes.

You will find that free speech and dissent isn't tolerated often on political forums. Isn't that Ironic in America...who goes around selling Democracy to everyone else?

This is the first place I've been where the debate is Conservative, but is truly open to allowing the other side and even stupidity. I'm sure there are others, but I haven't seen them yet.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Nobody has ever been banned on CU for supporting a particular candidate or for holding divergent political or social views. Some have been banned for being dickheads but that's due to behavior not belief.

To the DUmp, all true blue Democrats have to support a rigid set of positions without any question. They all must avoid any non-hive information or conversation. They all have to support the official "enemies" list.

It's exactly like being a 13 year old girl in the cool girls' clique except without the cute clothes.
    It is kind of like an episode of "Mean Girls," isn't it. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    Good one.......WE'VE GOT SOMEONE WITH A VOCABULARY PEOPLE!!!:D

Good analysis as well. I find it intereting that the one's that scream loudest about tolerance have none.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    I find it interesting that the ones that scream loudest about tolerance have none.
    There's something very profound in that statement, Molon Labe. I think the answer is that the screamers want everyone to be tolerant of THEM but they shouldn't have to return the favor to anyone else. It's a one way street: you give us what we want or you're intolerant. We, however, can spit on you with impunity.

And I think, in the end, that gives the lie to the whole thing. They are like badly behaved teenagers who want and feel entitled to everything their parents do for them but who can't even be bothered to get a $2 mother's day card or father's day card in return.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 06-19-2008 at 11:49 AM.