1. #1 How To Not Be Racist? 
    Black
    African American
    Person of Color

Those are three terms that I've heard used. However, I have been 'jumped' on for using all of them!
    Isn't 'colored' a bad term but 'person of color' is OK then? Do Asians like being called 'person of color' and if not, why do we use 'person of color' for blacks.

When I've said 'African American' I was told 'you can say black' (and it was not said to me nicely).

But isn't 'black' sort of mean to say? I mean, I am being told that skin color does not matter but then I'm being told that I'm supposed to SAY THE COLOR OF THE SKIN?!

I really want to not even say ANY TERM because 'skin color doesn't matter.' So stop asking me to describe someone ever! But then I'll be accused of not validating a culture.

I've used whatever I feel like using in conversational flow. Never had any problems, nor had any problems with them using white metaphors back.

How else are we supposed to be able to converse with people in our sphere of common interests? I'm not talking cold, on the street, meeting people I don't know.

Technically, everybody's a racist. It's an anthropological self-preservation thing. " Trust no-one outside your immediate family. "

I'm "white", therefore I am unable to not be a racist. (Bleep!) 'em. They've cudgeled the give a shit out of me.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

It's amazing how many of these professed followers Martin Luther King have forgotten his dream.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    I'm "white", therefore I am unable to not be a racist. (Bleep!) 'em. They've cudgeled the give a shit out of me.

DITTO.........the entire subject is like others of today, an entrapment of the white person which is used as reversed racism instigated by trouble makers such as that foreign kenyan who for some strange reason could never honestly vet his on roots or records of his supposed life as an American. Now my white man intelligence tells me to look at the illegal acts by his immediate family at about the same time he somehow sprung up but only in Hawaii. How does a person being a member of an entire family of kenyans who are living here on welfare suddenly find the airfare to fly from Hawaii and go to law school. Same FBI that has been caught not following laws or the constitution were in charge of vetting same kenyan to run for President. Must be my white instincts that ask these simple questions.

North of New Orleans, but still on the coast
    My "Give a Shit" on this subject has been broken for a long time now. If one of them said something racist to me it might not end well.