1. #1 While People Eat Tide Pods, Today Is International Darwin Day 
    Power CUer
    While People Eat Tide Pods, Today Is International Darwin Day
    http://www.thedailysheeple.com/while...win-day_022018
    There couldn’t be more irony in this we looked. Today, as dozens of people will ingest laundry detergent, is international Darwin Day. The day we celebrate the man who is responsible for the theory of evolution.

Today is to commemorate the anniversary of the birth of Charles Darwin on February 12, 1809. The day is celebrated across the world to promote Darwin’s contribution to science through his Theory of Evolution and also to promote the study and interest in the field of science in general... Charles Darwin is well known for theorizing that all species come from a common ancestor. His published his theory, written jointly with Alfred Russel Wallace and his book On the Origin of Species talk about the Theory of Evolution.

Of course, in the meantime, humans continue to eat laundry detergent.

Many know what can happen if they choose to eat a Tide pod, yet it hasn’t stopped anyone from trying them.

Lawmakers now think they need to get involved and use legislation to make the soap look “less edible.” And if you think for one moment humanity may be evolving still, just Google “hot coil challenge.” Human beings are apparently “so evolved” that they don’t know a hot coil will sear the flesh off their arm. So, they lay it on a red-hot stove coil and film the stupidity for all to see....

This may sound like a stretch but I think guys need some sort of 'proof of manhood' while growing up. A communal challenge in a way where they prove themselves. Sure technology has made many out-of-touch with these real-life rites of passages BUT the concept of manhood isn't very tolerated in general since its not OK to be a man anymore. Ha. That kid doing something with the hot stove and now these tide pods, it just screams to me that we've lost the healthy rite of passage. Of course even the boy scouts are allowing women in now. Whoa.

North of New Orleans, but still on the coast
    A boy, with a father living under the same roof that is active in his life, doesn't require a "rite of passage." A "rite of passage" is a tribal thing. Being stupid as these kids are doing is a form of "screaming for attention", dad's attention.

Power CUer
    I think there may be something to the "rite of passage" aspect.

Religion used to provide that in some respect: Judaism has the Bar Mitzvah, for example. Unlike girls, who have a very overt biological sign of their womanhood (every month), boys don't have that clear demarcation between boyhood and manhood. Boys also mature more slowly than girls (which any junior high teacher can tell you) and their road to manhood is more uncertain.

So I agree that boys need a rite of passage, a way of demarcating the start of the adult life. They also need a definition of what it means to be a man. Since the feminists seem to have trounced all over traditional American ways of culturally defining manhood, the boys invent their own, sometimes with deadly consequences.

Kids need to have the phones, electronics and social media taken away. Instead they need to be put outside to play and interact with others. Ride a bike with no helmet, climb a tree , play in the mud. Come home dirty & tired with some bumps , bruises and scratches.

Let them grow up in the real world where there are winners and losers.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Set up a sign that says dive challenge to resist Trump.
    Set up a blender like machine beneath a cliff on the coast of California. Paint a red bulls-eye on the top and have it finely grind the participants and expel them into the ocean to feed hungry plankton.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB