1. #1 "Obama is Not Related to the Corruption Pattern in Chicago,Yeah Right !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Obama seen untouched by Illinois governor charges

CHICAGO (Reuters) – President-elect Barack Obama's decision to keep a distance from his state's governor, who was arrested on corruption charges on Tuesday, should enable him to escape becoming tainted by the scandal, analysts said.

Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich stands accused of trying to sell the president-elect's vacant U.S. Senate seat for financial and other personal benefits for himself and his wife, among other charges.

"Obama is not related to the corruption pattern in Chicago," said political scientist Dick Simpson of the University of Illinois in Chicago. "He has not been pressing for any person to replace him in his Senate seat."

U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald, announcing the charges, also said Obama was in no way implicated.

Obama, who takes office on January 20, left the Senate soon after winning the November 4 presidential election. As governor, Blagojevich, a Democrat, has sole authority to announce a replacement to serve the

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081210/...gojevich_obama
    snip
    However, there was a time when Obama was less guarded.

For example, in June of 2002, Obama sounded like just another pol as he cheered on then Cong. Rod Blagojevich in his general election campaign for Illinois Governor against then Illinois Attorney General, Republican Jim Ryan. There was not a hint of the “post-partisan,” attribute that was said, in his presidential campaign, to characterize Obama.
    State Senator Barack Obama (D-Chicago): …right now, my main focus is to make sure that we elect Rod Blagojevich as Governor, we—

Jeff Berkowitz: You working hard for Rod?

Barack Obama: You betcha.
    http://jeffberkowitz.blogspot.com/20...itzgerald.html

Rezko Tie Links Obama and Blagojevich

President-elect Barack Obama’s ties to indicted Illinois Democratic Gov. Rod R. Blagojevich run primarily through Chicago slum lord and felon Tony Rezko. Rezko served as the political godfather for both Blagojevich and Obama, helping both to rise in Chicago and Illinois politics. Obama himself has credited Rezko with helping to his political career.

Rezko raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for both politicians. A 76-page FBI affidavit released today after the arrest of Blagojevich and his chief of staff, John Harris, says Blagojevich conspired “to sell” the Illinois Senate seat vacated by President-elect Barack Obama.

U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald called the effort to barter the seat the “most sinister and appalling” of a long list of accusations against Blagojevich. Blagojevich, as governor, is responsible for naming Obama’s replacement.

Rezko has had extensive ties to both men:

Rezko’s Ties to Obama

According to the Chicago Sun-Times, the two met in 1990 while Obama was still attending Harvard Law School. Rezko offered Obama a job, but Obama declined. In 1995, Obama billed 32 hours for work done on behalf of Woodlawn Preservation and Investment Corp., a company involved in a low-income housing partnership with Rezko. He also wrote letters supporting the proposed development.

Rezko was Obama’s second largest individual contributor when he began his run for an Illinois state Senate seat in 1995. Two Rezko companies contributed $2,000 to Obama’s campaign, and Rezko and wife Rita reportedly worked on Obama’s campaign. In the first half of 1997, according to a report by Newsmax Contributing Editor Kenneth R. Timmerman, two Rezko companies contributed $2,000 to Obama’s ongoing political operation. In the first half of 1998, Rezko provided Obama’s campaign food worth an estimated $457.70 as an “in-kind contribution.”

Rezko was one of Obama’s biggest contributors when he ran for U.S. Senate in 2003 and 2004, and Rezko was a member of Obama’s campaign finance committee, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. In June 2003, Rezko held a ritzy fund-raiser for Obama at his tony Wilmette mansion. Obama later said, “Rezko was not my largest fundraiser but a significant fundraiser.” According to Reuters, Obama said Rezko raised as much as $250,000.

In 2005, as news began to spread that federal authorities were investigating Rezko, Obama bought a house in Chicago’s Kenwood neighborhood for $1.65 million. Rezko’s wife, Rita, paid $625,000 for a lot adjacent to Obama’s new home, and the two deals closed on the same day. Seven months later, Rezko’s wife sold one-sixth of her lot – a 10-foot strip of a 60-foot lot -- to Obama for $104,500.

In December 2006, Obama told the Washington Post the deal was a “boneheaded” mistake. “There’s no doubt I should have seen some red flags in terms of me purchasing a piece of property from him,” Obama said. The Post reports Rezko and Obama later “collaborated” to construct a fence to divide the two properties, which Obama said was required by city code. Obama paid for lawn maintenance for both properties.

In March 2008, Obama said Rezko had raised up to $250,000 to help underwrite his prior campaigns in Illinois – a much higher figure than had previously been reported. Rezko helped Obama’s presidential campaign raise over $150,000. The campaign later donated Rezko’s contributions to charity.

Rezko Ties to Blagojevich

The FBI says between June 2001 and August 2004 Rezko raised over $1.4 million for Blagojevich’s political campaigns, according to the Los Angeles Times. (Blagojevich was elected governor of Illinois in 2002, and reelected in 2006.)

Rezko hosted Blagojevich’s first post-election party at his mansion. Although he had no official role in the Blagojevich administration, he reportedly participated in several Blagojevich strategy retreats. In October 2006, authorities indicted Rezko for soliciting kickbacks from companies seeking state contracts that were awarded by officials under the governor’s authority. According to the Los Angeles Times and others, $20,000 that Rezko garnered from kickbacks found its way via a middleman into Obama’s Senate campaign coffers.

Rezko’s June 2008 trial on corruption strongly implicated Blagojevich. Blagojevich allegedly discussed a state job for a donor, after that donor wrote a $25,000 check for his campaign. During the trial, prosecutors maintained that Rezko routinely arranged shakedowns while serving as a top Blagojevich adviser. In all, prosecutors said, Rezko squeezed various companies for some $7 million in kickbacks.

Following his conviction on 16 counts of fraud, money laundering, and aiding and abetting bribery, Rezko said federal authorities tried to pressure him “to tell the wrong things” about the Obama and Blagojevich. The Sun-Times reported prosecutors pushed Rezko to cooperate in the corruption probe against Blagojevich.

It should be noted that Obama has consistently stated he never intervened on behalf of Rezko in any state or federal business. Authorities have yet to suggest any wrongdoing on the part of either Obama or his staff.

http://www.newsmax.com/headlines/rez...09/159976.html

Ax was 'mistaken' and Al Gore was ignored

“I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the President-elect has spoken directly to Governor Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject.”

David Axelrod sent a statement out this evening via Obama transition team spokesperson Jen Psaki saying he was “mistaken.” Here are the entire two sentences of the statement:

“I was mistaken when I told an interviewer last month that the President-elect has spoken directly to Governor Blagojevich about the Senate vacancy. They did not then or at any time discuss the subject.”

The question then becomes when did (PEOTUS) Obama last speak with Gov. Blagojevich, and when they did speak, what did they talk about?

And then there was poor Al Gore today -- a virtual non-entity in the hyped mini-summit meeting with (PEOTUS) Obama and (VPEOTUS) Biden thanks to the Blago scandal. Gore, who was in Chicago to meet with Obama, was relegated to a couple of sentences that praised his “extraordinary work that he has done around the issue of climate change."

Obama went on to say that “the time for denial is over” and that climate change was a matter of urgency and national security.

Unfortunately for Al, all that the press and public wanted to talk about was Blago.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...yfourthestate/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    And then there was poor Al Gore today -- a virtual non-entity in the hyped mini-summit meeting with (PEOTUS) Obama and (VPEOTUS) Biden thanks to the Blago scandal. Gore, who was in Chicago to meet with Obama, was relegated to a couple of sentences that praised his “extraordinary work that he has done around the issue of climate change."
    I tell ya, THAT was funny. I saw it today and no one, not one person gave a fuck that Manbearpig was there and none of Obama's words were remembered two minutes after he spoke them. I found it hilarious!

What I thought was truly over the top funny was that Obama sincerely thought that a one sentence statement on Blago and then changing the subject to Manbearpig's favorite topic was going to work. :D

Obama forgot his teleprompter.

Yup...no one gives a shit about Albore and his BS global warming nonsense. They all looked like the Three Stooges sitting there...wanna guess which one is Curly??

I found it interesting that BO was trying to "distance" himself from Blago, yet Hannity kept showing a pic of the two of them together, dated December 2nd. I'm sure not a word was spoken about that Senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I found it interesting that BO was trying to "distance" himself from Blago, yet Hannity kept showing a pic of the two of them together, dated December 2nd. I'm sure not a word was spoken about that Senate seat.
    They have so many other things to talk about you know

"I will stand with the Muslims should the political winds shift in an ugly direction." -Barack Hussein Obama