Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Is Trump declaring war on J.P. Morgan Chase? 
    Power CUer
    For those who don't know, J.P. Morgan Chase has been running the food stamp (SNAP) program. They make billions out of America's poor by soaking the taxpayers to act as a contractor.

But Trump seems to be trying to kill their buzz:

Trump Plans To Replace Food Stamps: Here’s How

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/...ere-s-how.html

The Trump administration has a proposal to replace some of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program’s (SNAP) cash benefits with boxes of physical food.

The plan, outlined in the administration’s budget blueprint for fiscal year 2019, is being dubbed “America’s Harvest Box” by the Department of Agriculture. It would provide 16.4 million households, about 81% of current food stamp recipients, with boxes of non-perishable food items grown by U.S. farmers in place of some of their SNAP aid. The government’s proposed program would apply to households that receive more than $90 in food stamp benefits.

Items that could be included in a government-issued food box are grains, peanut butter, canned meat, canned fruits and vegetables, juice and other shelf-stable products, according to the Department of Agriculture. The government would decide what to include based on nutrition guidelines utilized for other, existing programs, such as the Emergency Food Assistance Program, and the Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations.

...Office of Management and Budget (OMB) Director Mick Mulvaney compared the proposal to a “Blue Apron-type program,” which is a meal kit delivery service that provides members with ingredients to cook their own meals.

Blue Apron declined to comment on the government’s program.

America’s Harvest Box could save the country $129.2 billion over the course of a decade, the government said, since it can leverage its buying power to procure better deals with sellers. It also falls in line with the president’s promise to promote a “Buy American, Hire American” agenda...
    No more McRibs at taxpayer expense.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me!

North of New Orleans, but still on the coast
    But..but...but you can't take away a welfare recipients freedom of choice, or cash back! This is not democratic I tell ya! Not democratic!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    WHAT???? No cigs or booze????
    May the FORCE be with you!

This could put to work thousands of out of work people to assemble, pack and distribute the food. Of course the left will hate it.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Sen them C rations or what ever the military eats now. If it is good enough for our nations finest it is more than adequate for those on the dole.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    The left claims it won't work but half the Indian's in Oklahoma get commodities this way and have for a 100 years.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    This could put to work thousands of out of work people to assemble, pack and distribute the food. Of course the left will hate it.
    A lot of government jobs there. Unless it gets outsourced, which may cost more.

I certainly wouldn't complain if I were given a free food box!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    But this would replace choice!!!

I doubt a Trump plan would include
    lobster or vodka!! How dare he!!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!