Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Whatever Wednesday. 
    Sorry I'm late! We had an emergency at work this morning.

TOTD: Did you call in Gay Today? Today is gayless Wednesday. Gays are urged to call in "gay" and devote their energies to volunteer work or something. Either we don't employ a lot of gays or they didn't get the memo or they think this effort is silly.

Unless you work in musical theater, fashion design, or the snarkier forms of journalism, I'm guessing you won't notice any reduction in the workforce.

Did you call in gay? Did others at your work? Does anybody else even know about this boycott?

Dayum. I don't work but I'm tempted to get a job so I can show up today :D

Power CUer
    This is the first I've heard of it.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Sorry I'm late! We had an emergency at work this morning.

TOTD: Did you call in Gay Today? Today is gayless Wednesday. Gays are urged to call in "gay" and devote their energies to volunteer work or something. Either we don't employ a lot of gays or they didn't get the memo or they think this effort is silly.

Unless you work in musical theater, fashion design, or the snarkier forms of journalism, I'm guessing you won't notice any reduction in the workforce.

Did you call in gay? Did others at your work? Does anybody else even know about this boycott?

I did not. But I am wearing pink socks to show my support. :D

I sure did!

Oh...wait. :o:p
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I read about it on another non-political message board. If somebody who worked for me called in "gay", I don't know what I would do. Probably forward the message to HR, because I don't know how to appropriately deal with such nonsense.

I'm concerned that there are those here who have such matters recorded on their calendars. :p

An "emergency" at work. So let's see you didn't take the WHOLE day, you just came in late. :D
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    I'm concerned that there are those here who have such matters recorded on their calendars.

An "emergency" at work. So let's see you didn't take the WHOLE day, you just came in late.
    No, I came in early. I just didn't have time to fool around with you people. Besides, doesn't everybody get the Gay Update in their morning email?

Maybe not. :o

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    I read about it on another non-political message board. If somebody who worked for me called in "gay", I don't know what I would do. Probably forward the message to HR, because I don't know how to appropriately deal with such nonsense.

You should have skipped today Ralph.

You could have showed them the Ralph Wiggum Is Ghey thread as proof of your ailment. :p:D

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    You should have skipped today Ralph.

You could have showed them the Ralph Wiggum Is Ghey thread as proof of your ailment. :p:D
    BWAAH!!!!! :D