Thread: Oprah Porks Out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Oprah Porks Out. 
    Oprah Winfrey: I Weigh 200 Lbs.

Tuesday December 9, 2008

In the January's O magazine, Oprah Winfrey confesses that she now weighs 200 pounds and has "fallen off the wagon.

"I'm mad at myself," writes Winfrey, 54. "I'm embarrassed. I can't believe that after all these years, all the things I know how to do, I'm still talking about my weight. I look at my thinner self and think, 'How did I let this happen again?'"

In the article (obtained by The Associated Press), Winfrey, 54, says she has struggled with an out-of-balance thyroid and the condition made her develop "a fear of working out."

She confessed that she's packed on 40 pounds since she weighed 160 pounds in 2006.

"Yes, you're adding correctly; that means the dreaded 2-0-0," Winfrey says. "I was so frustrated I started eating whatever I wanted - and that's never good."
    Peel her out of those Spanx and I bet she looks bigger than 200 pounds. I've seen some scary candid pics of her recently.

US

Weird people with their fluctuations in weight.

I'm not a huge fan of hers, but good on her for going public with her struggle. It's got to be a real blow to her self esteem and I'm sure it's not fun seeing yourself on every tabloid and on t.v. ballooning up like that.

How did she let that happen again? She failed to put the fork down and walk away from the table often enough.

Why is this news again? She's always losing/gaining/losing weight. This has been going on for years already...it's a sad occurance among those with weight problems. Hopefully she reaches her goals. I don't care for her politics or attitude (I think she's incredibly fake and her favoratism towards certain people is obvious) but I certainly hope she can lose the weight and be healthy.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    Why is this news again? She's always losing/gaining/losing weight. This has been going on for years already...it's a sad occurance among those with weight problems. Hopefully she reaches her goals. I don't care for her politics or attitude (I think she's incredibly fake and her favoratism towards certain people is obvious) but I certainly hope she can lose the weight and be healthy.
    According to the article she's just going for "healthy". The losing weight part seems to be off the table. :D

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    According to the article she's just going for "healthy". The losing weight part seems to be off the table. :D
    She claims that she's at five foot six ,two Hundred pounds with a body mass ratio of thirty one as I remember.Her weight and height (5-foot-6 and a half, or thereabouts) leave her with a body mass index of 31.8, which qualifies as obese .In photographs they never show her derrière but I imagine that's massive and 'stepped' !

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Remind me to send her a case of BACON IN A CAN!!!! :D

***Runs***
    May the FORCE be with you!

She's 54 years old and 5'6", she's never going to be a size 8 again. She might get back to a 12 or 14. Dr Oz is going to give her a very hard time the next time he's on her show.

I have a friend who managed to gain 100 lbs in a 2 year period. She was already heavy, probably weighed about 250 before the gain (she is 6 feet tall, but still). I asked her, when she brought it up, after getting winded from walking only a little ways through the mall. I asked her if the chemo or medication from her fibroid treatment had done it, she said her doctor told her no. I asked her if she was eating fast food a lot, she said no.

On the way home, she asked me to stop at Popeyes, because she wanted some rice and beans. She came out with two shopping bags full of food-chicken, rolls, slaw, and of course, rice and beans. I asked her why she got so much, and she said it was so that she wouldn't have to cook all week. I said "Popeyes is fast food, you know". She lost some of the weight before she moved to Chicago, and told me she's lost more, but I don't believe her.

On the other hand, my friend (who lies a lot) told me that she once fought Oprah at a store for some outfit they both wanted. This allegedly occurred at the Pennington's at Water Tower Place (Pennington's was a large women's store that I think is no longer there). My friend claims to have won, at 6' tall and 250 lbs.

Oprah was never a size 8. She admits that she could only fit into those size 10 jeans for a couple of days.

It's unfortunate that she put herself in the spotlight on this issue. If she hadn't made such a big deal about it so many times over the years, nobody would care. Now, she has to address every 5 pound gain.