Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Olympics--is anyone watching? 
    I don't like NBC, but I do like the Olympics. The opening show was spectacular, very high tech special effects.

If anyone else is watching, what are your favorites? I love the luge, bobsled, all the ski events, like the slalom and downhill, and the newer ones, like the pike. It's amazing watching those kids get all that "amplitude". The problem is the US isn't doing all too well with that good old medal count.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I don't sleep well most of the time and keep the TV on all night so I do catch a few events which I like watching, all the political pandering was over with I suppose at the beginning. I liked watching that small track indoor ice skating racing, that has to be a really intense event, lots of planning and holding back until the end of a race and they are less than an inch from each others skates the entire race, it really is competitive. I think we no longer send the best we have it is more just satisfying all the crybabies and to see what was said by a sports caster saying we should send queer teams to compete in their own events. I can imagine what that would be then I regain my senses and continue to dislike Olympics which are ruined thanks to so many useless people.

The wife is all for the Ice skating, and has discovered this site:http://stream.nbcolympics.com/figure...-short-program

The kid is watching the snow boarding.

Me, not so much.
    I dream of the day a chicken can cross the road without it's motives being questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

I can't stand the "commentators" that NBC has for some of the skating---Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski. She's OK, but it's painful watching those costumes he wears. Maybe he dresses like that all the time, who knows? I also wasn't thrilled with one of the US Olympians with his rainbow message, with his parents holding a USA flag done in rainbow style.

But I admire how most of the Olympians truly strive to do well. Watching the bobsleds now, one of my favorites. SR watches it once in a while.

One of the things that I really don't like is the ice dancing. The judges seem to be a bit more fair in their assignment of points. I used to say that it was like dog show judging---totally subjective with no basis in reality. To show dogs and win, you needed a professional handler wearing one of those professional handler pins.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

For some reason, probably politics, my viewing-interest is down about 80% from past Winter Games.

I can get CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation), so I'm avoiding NBC at least.

Nope
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar

I'm sorry but "Johnny" boy makes me gag.

The snow boarding is cool. Down hill skiing is also
    not bad.
    May the FORCE be with you!

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I can't stand the "commentators" that NBC has for some of the skating---Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski. She's OK, but it's painful watching those costumes he wears. Maybe he dresses like that all the time, who knows?
    He needs colored cowboy hats and a flower on his jacket.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Haven't watched a second of it yet. Winter Olympic sports aren't all that interesting to me personally. Heard a sports radio guy discuss moving some summer sports that are indoors anyway to draw more interest. Boxing, wrestling, maybe some track & field events.

Admire & respect the athletes for their hard work, there just isn't a sports that trips my trigger. Perhaps hockey.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I think they misspelled his last name, the correct spelling is Weird