1. #1 Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. is "Senate Candidate 5" 
    Rep. Jackson denies wrongdoing in Ill. gov scandal
    By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer Charles Babington, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON – Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. said Wednesday he openly sought appointment to Barack Obama's Senate seat but denied offering favors in return to Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and said he was not involved "whatsoever in any wrongdoing."

A lawyer for Jackson acknowledged that the Illinois Democrat is "Senate Candidate 5" in the 76-page federal complaint filed against Blagojevich, who was arrested Tuesday. Wiretapped conversations suggest Blagojevich felt the candidate would raise campaign money for him in exchange for being appointed to the Senate seat vacated by the president-elect.

Jackson, a seven-term House member and son of civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, told reporters in Washington that he spoke with the U.S. attorney's office Tuesday.

"They shared with me that I am not a target of the investigation and that I am not accused of any misconduct," said Jackson, who left the crowded session without taking questions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/illinois_governor_jackson

I'm shocked!
    Last edited by bijou; 12-11-2008 at 02:19 AM. Reason: To put into B/N format

Quote Originally Posted by greenhoodedb View Post
    Rep. Jackson denies wrongdoing in Ill. gov scandal
    By CHARLES BABINGTON, Associated Press Writer Charles Babington, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON Rep. Jesse Jackson Jr. said Wednesday he openly sought appointment to Barack Obama's Senate seat but denied offering favors in return to Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich and said he was not involved "whatsoever in any wrongdoing."

A lawyer for Jackson acknowledged that the Illinois Democrat is "Senate Candidate 5" in the 76-page federal complaint filed against Blagojevich, who was arrested Tuesday. Wiretapped conversations suggest Blagojevich felt the candidate would raise campaign money for him in exchange for being appointed to the Senate seat vacated by the president-elect.

Jackson, a seven-term House member and son of civil rights activist Jesse Jackson, told reporters in Washington that he spoke with the U.S. attorney's office Tuesday.

"They shared with me that I am not a target of the investigation and that I am not accused of any misconduct," said Jackson, who left the crowded session without taking questions.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/illinois_governor_jackson

I'm shocked!
    "We only want a DNA sample so we can eliminate you as a suspect."

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    See, Triple J screwed up. He only offered 500 large up front for the
    seat. If he had coughed up 1 mill, he would have been in! (Prison). :D
    May the FORCE be with you!