Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Billy Graham Has Passed Away 
    Legendary evangelist, spiritual adviser to presidents was 99

The Rev. Billy Graham, the Christian evangelist whose worldwide crusades and role as adviser to decades of U.S. presidents made him one of the best known religious figures of his time, has died, Fox News confirmed on Wednesday. He was 99.
    The story is here
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    I stumbled out of bed and turned on the TV to see the story, MSN is being pretty kind to him but they are talking about his son as being different and a conservative hard rightist .... they hate it when people reject their destructive beliefs. The best thing to happen in this century is for someone to standup and question them and call them out when needed and they are very thinned skinned since they have had a free reign to spread all the racism and discontent for the past 50 years. It has finally come to rest squarely on their shoulders and I don't think his son is much different other than being openly conservative. I can remember some of his first revivals on the old black and white Magnavox TV set early in 53. I thought it was interesting when they mentioned he did not get along with Truman, I guess liberals go waaaaaay back.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Wait for the left to start celebrating.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Wait for the left to start celebrating.
    Ask and you shall receive.
    May the FORCE be with you!

CNN was being pretty nice about it this morning, they showed his history of advising presidents, starting with Harry S. Truman and called him the "Protestant Pope".

Franklin Graham's original ministry, "Samaritan's Purse", worked in a different area of reality, one that brought him into greater contact with the practical consequences of the kind of governance Libs & Progs want. Also, Franklin became the head of BGEA in 2000 and 2001, so he is the one who faced the reality during the Obama Administration of an increasingly hostile Federal government and saw what HilLIARy would likely be.

My first encounter with Libs' & Progs' bitter hatred for people who are different from them and do humanitarian things was 18 or 19 years ago when I saw some Pro-Abortion atheist denounce Mother Teresa as a monster who harmed the people of India because she opposed abortion. I've never been a Catholic, but I respect what she did and believe she was probably my sister in Christ. I've seen many more examples of Progs' perverse hatred of Christians doing humanitarian things since that time.DU-folks are more likely to defend pedophile-infested UN aid agencies and Oxfam than they are to admit that charities like Samaritan's Purse do good in this world.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Liberals hate those who are willing do what the libs profess to believe but do not do themselves. Humanitarian action casts a harsh light on those who pay lip service to compassion but who have no real compassion to offer.
    Liberals! The real fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Franklin Graham's original ministry, "Samaritan's Purse", worked in a different area of reality, one that brought him into greater contact with the practical consequences of the kind of governance Libs & Progs want. Also, Franklin became the head of BGEA in 2000 and 2001, so he is the one who faced the reality during the Obama Administration of an increasingly hostile Federal government and saw what HilLIARy would likely be.

My first encounter with Libs' & Progs' bitter hatred for people who are different from them and do humanitarian things was 18 or 19 years ago when I saw some Pro-Abortion atheist denounce Mother Teresa as a monster who harmed the people of India because she opposed abortion. I've never been a Catholic, but I respect what she did and believe she was probably my sister in Christ. I've seen many more examples of Progs' perverse hatred of Christians doing humanitarian things since that time.DU-folks are more likely to defend pedophile-infested UN aid agencies and Oxfam than they are to admit that charities like Samaritan's Purse do good in this world.

Christopher Hitchens had a thing about Mother Theresa. I think his issue was with the source of some of her organization's funding. Her mission was to some of the most helpless people in the world at the time, the poor of Calcutta, India. She and her sisters served lepers, the starving, unwanted children, the handicapped, and anyone in Calcutta that needed help. If mobsters gave money to her charity, at least the money went to help people instead of to kill them.

I'm not a huge Franklin Graham fan, but his organization does similar work in equally impoverished regions of the world. So I'm going to respect that, unless it goes astray and encourages people to mistreat LBGT people, like some ministries have done in Uganda.

But Billy Graham-how many people have met God at Graham's crusades? He was a gifted speaker. He was a human, the DUers are going to flaunt his faults to justify their hatred of all things Christian.

R.I.P.

When I was really young I thought Billy Graham and Paul Harvey were the same guy. Their voices sounded exactly the same. We were Lutheran, so there wasn't a whole lot of radio/tv Evangelism on in the background.

I remember Graham taking heat for not convincing Nixon to get us out of Southeast Asia.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    R.I.P.

When I was really young I thought Billy Graham and Paul Harvey were the same guy. Their voices sounded exactly the same. We were Lutheran, so there wasn't a whole lot of radio/tv Evangelism on in the background.

I remember Graham taking heat for not convincing Nixon to get us out of Southeast Asia.
    Lutherans have the best food at their church get togethers, I'm originally from Minnesota.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB