Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Armed Officer At Parkland, Fla. High School Never Went In 
    Well, so much for the notion that we have to rely on the police to protect us. There was an armed police officer at the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School but this person did not go in even though they were aware of an active shooter situation. They actually hid in a stairwell: https://www.dailywire.com/news/27477...dra#exit-modal
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just heard about this too. I can't believe this.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I heard that they suspended him without pay, and he subsequently resigned. SR said it would probably be best for him to move away from that community.

When they hire security officers, I would hope they would be capable of actually defending the kids. In my many years of selling to the feds, I didn't see many guards at those federal facilities who looked like they were capable of doing too much defending. But looks could be deceiving. It takes guts and courage.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

He should've done something. -Anything to help the kids.

'Fear' does vanish if you don't think about it and just interact with what's happening in the moment. Duty first.

Worthless POS. To everyone who says 'Oh but he only had a pistol against a terrifying target-seeking billion-bullet death shredding assault raygun!' I say BULLSHIT, if he's shooting, you've got the drop on him, he doesn't know you're there until you start firing, 'March to the sound of the guns' and blow his damaged little brains out the other side of his head like a man!

Coward.

Blood on his hands. Hope he is racked with guilt every second he has on this earth. They should demand the repayment of his salary for the years he was in that job. What a worthless prick.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    Worthless POS. To everyone who says 'Oh but he only had a pistol against a terrifying target-seeking billion-bullet death shredding assault raygun!' I say BULLSHIT, if he's shooting, you've got the drop on him, he doesn't know you're there until you start firing, 'March to the sound of the guns' and blow his damaged little brains out the other side of his head like a man!
    68% of all mass shooting in which 3 or more people died a hand gun was used.
    He has since retired, so gettin a fat paycheck the rest of his life for being a coward.
    Don
    Major US Army Infantry (RET)
    Hill Country of Texas

Conservative, Constitutionalist, Capitalist, Christian. I speak: John Wayne, Johnny Cash and John Deere...

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    He must have had connections in the school board to get the gig,

The President brought this up in his CPAC speech, emphasizing that armed, trained teachers, who love their students, are the best line of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac shark View Post
    He should've done something. -Anything to help the kids.

'Fear' does vanish if you don't think about it and just interact with what's happening in the moment. Duty first.

The DPD officer who did our active shooter training said that the best way to die in such a situation is to freeze from fear. He also said it's the most common reaction to violence, and to look out for coworkers in that condition and drag them out of the building, or otherwise shake them out of that state.

His best line: "If you are up close with the shooter, anything you can grab can be a weapon. Shove a pen in his eye until it comes out the back of hi head".