Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    You are deflecting, address what I said.
    I did. Let's be honest here, it's not like felons voting could do any worse than the rest of the population. Murder isn't going to suddenly become legal and even if it did, it would certainly deal with any recidivism issues we currently have.

passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry

I can think of at least 545 people who fit that description.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

- Ronald Reagan

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    I did. Let's be honest here, it's not like felons voting could do any worse than the rest of the population. Murder isn't going to suddenly become legal and even if it did, it would certainly deal with any recidivism issues we currently have.

passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry

I can think of at least 545 people who fit that description.
    I gave you a concession, I stated that they no longer be under supervision, you didn't address that. Their full debt should be paid and that isn't what leftist are requiring. Government has a right tho levy punishment, we are government.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

I gave you a concession, I stated that they no longer be under supervision, you didn't address that. Their full debt should be paid and that isn't what leftist are requiring. Government has a right tho levy punishment, we are government.
    Debt? What a disgusting concept. Right? Even worse. Governments don't have rights. They have powers, which should be extremely limited. That was the entire point of the Constitution.

You don't throw people in prison because they owe some magical debt to society. You throw people in prison to remove them from society. Ideally you limit this to people who cannot function in that society, like murderers, rapists, and thieves. Sadly, a century of progressive infiltration has left us with the vile concept of molding society into some utopian nonsense that's never going to happen by imprisoning people who own things you don't like. And the icing on the cake is that we let the real monsters roam free after a few years, but that's okay, it's not like they can vote.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

- Ronald Reagan

Debt? What a disgusting concept. Right? Even worse. Governments don't have rights. They have powers, which should be extremely limited. That was the entire point of the Constitution.

You don't throw people in prison because they owe some magical debt to society. You throw people in prison to remove them from society. Ideally you limit this to people who cannot function in that society, like murderers, rapists, and thieves. Sadly, a century of progressive infiltration has left us with the vile concept of molding society into some utopian nonsense that's never going to happen by imprisoning people who own things you don't like. And the icing on the cake is that we let the real monsters roam free after a few years, but that's okay, it's not like they can vote.
    You cannot maintain a single train of thought, nothing has changed with you, you are still an anarchist.

You cannot maintain a single train of thought, nothing has changed with you, you are still an anarchist.
    Sure, but I'm a reasonable man. We're never going to get rid of the government completely, but it should be as small as possible.

When you can get a kilo of coke and a belt-fed machine gun off Amazon with free shipping, I'll stop arguing.

- Ronald Reagan

A real good candidate to put on that “mentally unstable” list portion of background checks.

And a fitting nom de plume.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi

Sure, but I'm a reasonable man. We're never going to get rid of the government completely, but it should be as small as possible.

When you can get a kilo of coke and a belt-fed machine gun off Amazon with free shipping, I'll stop arguing.
    One last question, were the founding fathers here today do you really think they would agree with you?

Also as a supposed capitalist what makes you think anything could be shipped for free?

One last question, were the founding fathers here today do you really think they would agree with you?
    Yes, of course. You could buy heroin and machine guns from the Sears catalogue before you people took over.

Also as a supposed capitalist what makes you think anything could be shipped for free?
    I get free shipping all the time. Businesses understand that offering a perk like free shipping is going to make people more likely to order from you than the competition that charges for it. They eat the cost for increased orders because they know in the long run it's going to benefit them, even if they take a bit of a hit on the occasional shipment.

- Ronald Reagan

Yes, of course. You could buy heroin and machine guns from the Sears catalogue before you people took over.

I get free shipping all the time. Businesses understand that offering a perk like free shipping is going to make people more likely to order from you than the competition that charges for it. They eat the cost for increased orders because they know in the long run it's going to benefit them, even if they take a bit of a hit on the occasional shipment.
    You think that your products actually ship at no cost, you are not being kept from any mind altering drugs that is for certain .