1. #1 2 dead, gunman at large after shooting at Central Michigan University 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By Ray Sanchez and Amanda Watts, CNN
    Updated 12:29 PM ET, Fri March 2, 2018

(CNN) Two people were fatally shot Friday after a gunman opened fire at Campbell Hall dormitory at Central Michigan University, campus police said.

Campus police identified James Eric Davis Jr. as a suspect in the shootings.

Last seen wearing mustard yellow jeans and a blue hoodie, the 19-year-old man is still at large and considered armed and dangerous, according to police.

The deceased are not students, and campus police said they believe the shootings stemmed from a domestic dispute. There were no other injuries.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    Quick let's ban hoodies to go with the guns, better still let's all just run around neckid

CMU shooting: Student fatally shot parents in dorm, police say

A Central Michigan University student allegedly shot and killed his parents Friday morning in a fourth-floor dorm room, sources told the Detroit Free Press.

James Eric Davis, Jr., is listed as a sophomore in CMU’s student directory.

Sources told the Free Press his parents arrived on campus Friday morning to pick him up for spring break and were shot and killed.

Police said they had contact with the student late Thursday night and took him to a local hospital, where he was turned over to the medical staff for what police believe may have been some sort of drug-related issue.

Davis was released from the hospital this morning, shortly before the shooting
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...nts/389075002/

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Clearly this was the President and the NRA's fault...
    May the FORCE be with you!

They caught the shooter.

His parents sound like wonderful people, and there weren't hints of thuggish behavior all the way through high school. Double life? Some major change at the university?
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post

His parents sound like wonderful people, and there weren't hints of thuggish behavior all the way through high school. Double life? Some major change at the university?
    One of my first thoughts as usual is ...

Was he on some sort of *psychotropic* medication (interferes with the brain) at any time, still is, or has recently gone off it?

All can lead to abnormal aggressive behavior.

I have a bi-polar half-sister on this type of medication.

And we in our family are very well aware of the side effects of these all too readily prescribed ...

By *insufficiently trained* family doctors, by use of these potent drugs.
    Last edited by ABC; 03-03-2018 at 01:48 PM.

American By Choice ~ 1980

I'm relieved that it wasn't a mass shooting. Some of my friends have kids at CMU. It's my alma mater's (WMU) primary rival-we are the second rate version of the UM/MSU rivalry.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm relieved that it wasn't a mass shooting. Some of my friends have kids at CMU. It's my alma mater's (WMU) primary rival-we are the second rate version of the UM/MSU rivalry.
    nw, I've been noticing that local media outlets cover off-the-narrative stories better and more completely than do national MSM outlets. If you come across something significant about this story from Michigan sources I'd be interested in hearing it. At this point it looks like the shooter went from model student and family member to murdering his parents in a time-span of 2 or less years.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    There were 2 people killed, this qualifies as a mass shooting in the eyes of the gun grabbers. Also, this is getting very little media play. Why? Because the shooter and the victims are black.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    nw, I've been noticing that local media outlets cover off-the-narrative stories better and more completely than do national MSM outlets. If you come across something significant about this story from Michigan sources I'd be interested in hearing it. At this point it looks like the shooter went from model student and family member to murdering his parents in a time-span of 2 or less years.
    I don't really watch the local news that much, especially since Channel 2 fired Charlie LeDuff. I'm sure it will come out over the next couple of weeks. His brother called into one of the local shows to say he was crushed by the whole thing, but he still loves his brother, so I'm guessing maybe there is some kind of mental health and/or chemical issues involved on the part of the shooter.