Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Woman Opens Fire in Theater Over ‘Black Panther’ Seating Dispute 
    The most overhyped movie in recent memory, Marvel Comics’ “Black Panther” continues to pack them in as SJW’s seek refuge in the wonders of the mystical world of Wakanda.

Following a mammoth $230 opening weekend, the superhero flick that has served as a cathartic moment for many African-Americans and their racial grievances in a post-Obama society raked in another $108 million.

More simply than a movie, “Black Panther” is a cultural experience that will affect the consciousness of young black people for decades to come – at least according to many of the purring reviews and the social media banning of anyone who doesn’t agree that it is just fucking awesome!

But one moviegoer was a bit too excited over her opportunity to experience the blockbuster first hand and a Greenville, NC theater had to be evacuated when she whipped out her gun and discharged it in a dispute over seats.

30-year-old Shameka Latrice Lynch was arrested and jailed on felony charges for what police are saying is an attempt to kill another theater customer
    https://downtrend.com/donn-marten/wo...ating-dispute/

When I went to see a movie a few weeks ago, I had terrible people sitting next to me. They came in 20 minutes into the movie, not the previews, but into the actual movie, so they came in a half hour after the start time. I was sitting in the seat for which I bought the ticket. There were 2 seats on the right of me and a handicapped seat on the left. The family of three (mom, dad and a 6-7 year old boy) decided they wanted to sit next to me, even though there were only two seats. I moved to the handicapped seat so they could sit together. Then they talked throughout the movie.

If I had had a gun with me....

I quit going to the movies years ago, it is to expensive to go to watch some CG crap or a movie that denigrates white men. and to have to put up with all the rude people and phones it is just not worth it.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Senior Member Angry Old White Man's Avatar
    My last movie at the theater was there in Baton Rouge when The Killing Fields was first run, so that should tell you how long ago it was I last paid for a movie. I still wore a normal size belt then and could bend over to tie my shoes, not so much now.

Shemeka. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's not white nor a card carrying member of the NRA. All kidding aside, I find it funny how they're gushing over this movie for SJW reasons while overlooking that the country of Wakanda is nationalistic, it's economy is based on capitalism, but they discovered wonderful technology which they refuse to share with the rest of the world.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Shemeka. I'm going to go out on a limb and say she's not white nor a card carrying member of the NRA.

you be right. I'm guessing she felt empowered because its about her peeps...

"People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM

My husband and I haven't been to movie theaters in years, and have no intention of doing so. Most movies not worth watching anymore anyway.

This "Black Panther" one is causing such commotion, I finally had to check out what all the fuss was about on IMDB.

It really didn't do a thing for me ...

But here it is if curious to know as well: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/plotsummary

American By Choice ~ 1980

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    My husband and I haven't been to movie theaters in years, and have no intention of doing so. Most movies not worth watching anymore anyway.

This "Black Panther" one is causing such commotion, I finally had to check out what all the fuss was about on IMDB.

It really didn't do a thing for me ...

But here it is if curious to know as well: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825683/plotsummary
    We haven't been to a movies together, ever that I can remember. I'd be afraid to go to the "Black Panther" movie in St Louis. Many of the local residents (think Ferguson and subsequent riots in STL) worry me. I wouldn't want to be in a theater, especially during flu season. So I guess we'll wait to evaluate it when it's released on cable.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Marvel already did this 20 years ago with the movie BLADE.

If Africa wants to develop themselves in to a real Black Panther world, they are certainly welcome to do so. There aren't many white men holding them back over there so they have no excuse not to!

I stopped going to movies as well. In one of the theaters, a bunch of teens were using a laser pointer throughout the entire thing and it was very difficult to watch.

And, throughout the years it gets harder and harder to sit in the same theater with people. Sitting obnoxiously close to you or chomping on something. The last movie I went to, the guys in my row were twitching about with their burger wrappers. I thought to myself that it certainly wouldn't go on longer than the first fourth of the movie as they would surely have eaten it by then. They were still moving around that paper by the end of the movie.

It just isn't worth it anymore.

I've only gone to 2 movies in the past 2 years and both of them were to take my Grandson to see the 2 most recent Star Wars movies because he is such a Star Wars fan.

The rest of the pablum that is pumped out by hollywood doesn't garner a second thought by me.
    "People who think they know it all, are annoying to those of us who really do".... Pyro Bob

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

"Enemy. The word you are looking for is enemy. When the ideals of someone are antithetical to yours, you can say the word "enemy". DUmmy ret5hd Fri Aug 24, 2018, 05:10 PM