1. #1 State pot laws vs fed pot laws 
    I attempt to teach multiple potheads, and when trying to help them understand state vs federal law, we often end up on the states who have decriminalized/legalized weed. I tell them kid even if the state and local cops won't bust you for weed, federal agents can, and usually end up debating that eventually there will be a supreme court case that will decide which has priority, the federal law or the state law.

That is my understanding of Constitutional law and process, or at least the way it is supposed to work. My question to the group is, am I correct, and are there any such cases that are being looked at?

Sent from my 5046G using Tapatalk
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

Most of the legalization, whether medical or recreational, happened during Obama's presidency, and he made it clear that his administration was not going to interfere with states that legalized weed. Now there is an AG in DC who wants to enforce the federal prohibition. Even within my state, which has a fairly liberal medical weed law, the current AG/wannabe Governor is opposed to the law and enforces the letter of it when he wants to bust a dispensary. A ballot proposal for recreational weed is on the ballot this fall.

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Although I think it is bad timing for Sessions to crack down on pot this is a law that congress needs to address.
    Congress does not want to stick their necks out, many times they have continued to pass their jobs on to other branches and ignore what is going on.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

We are supposedly a nation of laws. The Feds should not pick which laws they want to enforce and look the other way on others. This leads to the situation where we are in now with sanctuary states who are openly aiding and abetting criminals, some of them dangerous to society.

If the social climate has changed enough on a particular issue such as pot,, the law should be changed at the Federal level to allow behavior that was previously not accepted, but until that change is made, the law must be enforced.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dlr Pyro View Post
    We are supposedly a nation of laws. The Feds should not pick which laws they want to enforce and look the other way on others. This leads to the situation where we are in now with sanctuary states who are openly aiding and abetting criminals, some of them dangerous to society.

If the social climate has changed enough on a particular issue such as pot,, the law should be changed at the Federal level to allow behavior that was previously not accepted, but until that change is made, the law must be enforced.
    The Courts and the Executive do the lawmaking now while congress holds court hearings.
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

I'm not a pothead by any stretch but there's no logical reason why marijuana is illegal. Peyote too. It's a naturally existing thing unlike cocaine, heroin, meth, and other chemicals. Even alcohol needs to be manufactured and it's intoxicating effects are far worse than weed. And the arguments against legalizing it are weak at best. Some say it's a gateway drug which is a preposterous contention. That would be like saying beer is a gateway to moonshine. They really need to just legalize it and be done with it.
    The American Left: Where everything is politics and politics is everything.