Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Just found out that 52% of white women voted.... 
    link

LAS14 (4,406 posts)

Just found out that 52% of white women voted....

...for Trump. I find that flabbergasting (new word, OK?). Does anyone know how many white women would have voted Republican in a normal year? Ideas about what was going on????

I'm just providing this link for verification. I'm not suggesting anyone should spend time reading about a Trump rally!!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/10/u...ittsburgh.html
    Squinch (21,802 posts)

3. It's true and horrifying. They vote as their husbands vote. Or as their fathers did.

I think most are the women who profit from and depend on a system where white men have all the old unearned advantages. They want to keep those unearned advantages in place just as much as the white men, and they want to keep the rest of us from being able to compete for resources.

I imagine most of these are the women who say things like, "She was asking for it," and consider themselves safe because of their rectitude. The women who have subsidized hobbies and call them careers. The women who judge mothers who work. The women who know no people of color but don't consider themselves bigots.

Please don't forget about the other 48% of us who DON'T have our heads up our asses.
    This idiot's thinking and imagining is nothing but bigotry and hatred toward those who have different political beliefs.
    crazycatlady (3,151 posts)
    13. I'd like to see a married/unmarried divide

I've talked to many (mostly older) married women who said their husbands decide their vote.
    And I don't know of a single married woman who's husband decides who she votes for.

I have learned to despise most liberals because of their contempt for anyone who doesn't believe what they believe, and their superior attitude that THEY are right and everyone who has differing beliefs is not just wrong but are 'evil' and need to be 'shamed'. They self righteously claim that their 'intolerance' and hate is OK.

And then they wonder why people don't vote for Democrats. And why all their 'shaming' doesn't work.

zeusdogmom (95 posts)

6. Make that 2 white women who didn't vote for that ugly - inside and out - person

I don't get it either. The only excuse I hear from my female friends and family who voted for Trump is "Hillary" I'm thinking that was perhaps a convenient cover for some underlying beliefs and feelings not suitable for polite society. Think I need a new group of friends - although one of them is beginning to come around. So maybe I will hang in there and gently continue my brainwashing.😜
    GWC58 (1,644 posts)

7. On election night 2016 I can still remember a young

woman voter, quite giddy about Trumps victory, talking about how Trump was going to “drain the swamp.” Hey lady, how’s that “draining the swamp” thing working out? Drain the swamp my ass!!
    BlueMTexpat (11,301 posts)

9. If this is true, it is to my personal eternal and lasting shame!

I have literally nothing in common with such women.

And never will ... unless and until they realize what they have done and prove to me that they will never do such a thing again.

Anyone - male or female - whose vote was NOT suppressed and who STILL tries to justify NOT voting for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 GE is anathema to me. I literally don't want to know them.

Haters gotta hate. And DU is full of them.

betsuni (6,280 posts)

10. I think they vote the way their Daddy did, seems to be the pattern.
    Can't stand the idea that a woman looks at the issues and the platform of each party and decides to vote Republican, can they? No it couldn't be that....it MUST be that they are "voting the way their Daddy did". To believe otherwise liberals would have to look at the reasons WHY they don't appeal to others. And they won't do that.

Well Carol, since the alternative would be that women rejected Hillary you can see why DU-folk prefer the Trump-voting-women-were-mind-numbed-obedient-robots "explanation".
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

I guess they were smart enough not to vote for the nasty, crooked, lying scrunt you put on the ticket.
    I love the sound of liberal heads exploding in the morning!!

Toxically masculine and proud of it!

I will give up my guns when the liberals give up their illegal aliens.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    And we are supposedly the hateful ones? Keep posting this crap & campaigning on it. You will keep losing.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

5. #5 Well, Lame14.... 
    What makes you think all women, white or otherwise (for our purpose here we will exclude men) all think alike? Isn't that sexist? Are these white women you speak of incapable of critical, independent thought? Aren't you doing exactly what you routinely accuse conservatives of?
    Support diversity. Own firearms of every caliber.

Liberals tend to make the claim of groupthink when a conservative block of voters vote a certain way. But isn't that why they are a block to begin with, they have similar interests and concerns? Why is it so surprising when they in mass vote a certain way?

Silly me. It's groupthink when it is conservatives and free thinking when it's liberals.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I'm not surprised. My county (Macomb) is the one that decided MI for Trump in the election. That happened because of white female voters. I have church friends who loathed Hillary more than Trump. Most of them didn't necessarily like Trump, but they hated Hillary more.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I'm not surprised. My county (Macomb) is the one that decided MI for Trump in the election. That happened because of white female voters. I have church friends who loathed Hillary more than Trump. Most of them didn't necessarily like Trump, but they hated Hillary more.
    That captured concisely what DU-grade Progs refuse to see.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    That captured concisely what DU-grade Progs refuse to see.

It's kind of ironic, since a lot of DUers hate Hillary, too. I wonder how many of them stayed home on election day because Bernie didn't get the nomination.

Squinch (21,802 posts)

3. The women who have subsidized hobbies and call them careers. The women who judge mothers who work.
    *cough* Kpete *cough*
    Not PTArmigan. Just Anti Anti-gun.