1. #1 Why do so many people think it's OK for Trump to behave like a low-class, ill-mannere 
    link

The Velveteen Ocelot (58,364 posts) Why do so many people think it's OK for Trump to behave like a low-class, ill-mannered boor?

When I was a kid I was told in no uncertain terms that decent people did not ever insult or bully other people or call them names or make fun of them on account of their appearance or disability. If I'd been caught behaving like Trump I'd have been in serious trouble because nice people didn't say or do things like that. I am also assuming that most people, regardless of their economic or ethnic background, were brought up that way, including most Trump supporters. Were every last one of the people who cheer Trump's disgusting, insulting comments about so many people not taught basic manners by their parents? And do they discipline their own kids for rudeness, name-calling or bullying, or do they take him as an example of appropriate behavior and encourage the kids to be like him?

Why so so many people think it's OK for a grown man, the president of the United States, to behave like a bratty child? I've never seen any thing like this (and I can remember presidents back as far as Kennedy) and I don't understand why his behavior is tolerated and even encouraged.
    Why do so many Democrats and liberals, including members of congress think it is OK for them to act like low class, ill mannered boors?

I'll be concerned about President Trump's words when liberals quit acting like ill mannered entitled brats who think they can say and do whatever they wish without consequences and without getting the same back in return.

Meowmee (276 posts)

1. Good question

I think that type of behavior is typical of fascists etc.
    CaliforniaPeggy (124,165 posts)

2. I suspect the people who voted for him think it's OK for him to behave badly.

Why?

He validates them, their "thinking," and their behavior.

There may be other reasons, but this is what comes to my mind.
    And liberals hate it that he doesn't let them smear him over and over again without answering back.
    certainot (4,412 posts)

95. exactly. turn on any republican talk radio station and hear the excuses and

calling us snowflakes for being unable to handle racism and assholiness

the problem is non asshole americans ignore the carnival barking assholes on 1500 radio stations making excuses for assholes and racists and misogynists and ignorance
    When 'racism' consists of anything that counters liberal ideology, and when spoken words are too much for individuals to tolerate even when THEY DON'T have to attend the talk then "snowflakes" is the right word.
    Plucketeer (12,654 posts)

88. It really IS that simple!

Folks tend towards that that they feel most comfortable with. If one's stupid, they feel a kinship with other stupids!
    How did calling us 'racist' and 'stupid' work out with the last Presidential election?

wishstar (2,218 posts)

3. A shame his suppporters and much of media are normalizing outrageous lying, bullying, insulting

His nasty rudeness and threats such as "lock her up" should not be tolerated. But as we saw in the campaign, too many in media and the public dismiss it as if he is just conducting is an entertaining train wreck reality show.
    It's not President Trump that is 'normalizing it', it is Obama, when he was President, and now liberals and the media that think they should be able to say the things they have been saying about President Trump out of sheer hatred, and then think that he shouldn't say anything in return.

enough (10,470 posts)

6. When I was in elementary school in a rural area in the 1950s, I discovered that the

basic manners I learned at home were seen as snobbish, that kids thought I was putting on airs, and that meant I thought I was better than them. I figured out how to blend in without being overtly mean and rude, and I got through the rest of school without being totally ostracized.

I think peopleís love for Trumpís boorishness is connected to that. They think people who act conventionally polite and civilized are acting out of a feeling of superiority. Trumpís bad manners signal to them that he doesnít think heís superior. Which is ironic, given that he thinks heís superior to everybody.
    Fail. Liberals insist that they are superior and they are the most boorish with the worst manners....and they're proud of it.

smirkymonkey (29,709 posts)

72. I think you are on to something.

I am dismayed by the lack of basic manners of people these days. It seems like many people see manners as a sign of weakness and not just a polite way to interact with other members of society.
    BigmanPigman (12,537 posts)

62. I called MSNBC and CNN to complain.

They are acting the same way they did in 2016. They would show an empty stage and podium for 20 min waiting for the moron to appear. Meanwhile no one ever asked Hillary about the real issues that the wanted to discuss. We may as throw in the towel as far as winning in the midterms if they keep this shit up. Fux Ruse wouldn't have shown Obama at a Dem rally for over an hour right before an election. Ratings and $$$$ for the so-called liberal media.

CNN (404) 827-1500
    MSNBC (212) 664-6605
    Rachel's ext. (46206)
    Clinton made herself unavailable for interviews and rarely had rallies. She was the entitled queen and didn't need to do those debasing things that might show her flaws. She was going to win. Or so she thought.

Orsino (36,071 posts)

17. They think it should okay for white people to behave that way...

...but especially okay for a rich white man to do so. He does what they don't quite dare to do, and gets away with it.
    Yes, it's all about skin color.

Five words: Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.

Seven words: Barrack Hussein Obama and the Dalai Lama.
    Facts don't matter to DUpipo.

BIG CHEETO Is Watching You!

Note to "Warpy" and "shockey80": I voted for Donald Trump! I would do so again!

Quote Originally Posted by SVPete View Post
    Five words: Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.

Seven words: Barrack Hussein Obama and the Dalai Lama.

BTW, the premise of the "question" being DU-folks' opinion of Trump, the "question" is an example of the fallacy known as "Begging the Question". I reject their opinion of Donald Trump.

In other words, Maxine Waters actually is a 'low-IQ individual' and Trump is 'ill-mannered' for saying it.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Plucketeer (12,654 posts)

88. It really IS that simple!

Folks tend towards that that they feel most comfortable with. If one's stupid, they feel a kinship with other stupids!

Well there ya go! DU explained in a nutshell!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Donald Trump has a habit of saying the obvious---Maxine Waters really is stupid but cunning. Or maybe it's just that she's Clinton dishonest and greedy. How else do you explain her super expensive home? All she seems to know to say is "Impeach".
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

"When I was a kid I was told in no uncertain terms that decent people did not ever insult or bully other people or call them names or make fun of them on account of their appearance or disability."
    1. Obama on 'Jay Leno,' regarding his poor bowling ability: "It's like the Special Olympics or something!"
    2. Obama in Ireland, mocking the Irish accent.
    3. Obama saying police "Acted stupidly."
    4. Obama openly calling Kanye West a "Jackass" (Even though he of course IS one).
    5. Obama in a speech calling out GOP donors and openly accusing them of "Betting against America."

When it comes to the MSM, Trump speaks truth to arrogance.