Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Denver...Protecting illegals? 
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...gets-bail.html

Illegal immigrant suspected in fatal hit-and-run in Colorado gets out on bail before ICE can detain him
    Ivan Gerardo Zamarripa-Castaneda, 26, was let out on bail on Sunday in Denver
    The Denver Sheriff's Department alerted ICE in response to a request for release notification
    By the time ICE arrived, Zamarripa-Castaneda had been released an hour before
    The crash occurred near eastbound Interstate 70 and North Brighton Boulevard on March 3
    A semi truck and a pickup truck collided, and the semi truck caught on fire
    Zamarripa-Castaneda fled the scene, but he was arrested by police hours later
    He showed signs of impairment and failed a sobriety test, according to police
    Zamarripa-Castaneda was charged with one count of vehicular homicide-DUI and one count of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death
    By Dailymail.com Reporter

PUBLISHED: 13:05 EDT, 12 March 2018 | UPDATED: 14:01 EDT, 12 March 2018

shares

View comments
    Undocumented immigrant Ivan Gerardo Zamarripa-Castaneda, 26 (pictured), was bonded out of Denver Jail on Sunday after being involved in a fatal hit-and-run on March 3 and wanted for detainment by ICE +3
    Undocumented immigrant Ivan Gerardo Zamarripa-Castaneda, 26 (pictured), was bonded out of Denver Jail on Sunday after being involved in a fatal hit-and-run on March 3 and wanted for detainment by ICE

An undocumented immigrant suspected in a fatal hit-and-run was bonded out of jail before he could be detained by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Ivan Gerardo Zamarripa-Castaneda, 26, was booked at Denver Jail on Sunday on charges of vehicular homicide following a car crash on the eastbound lanes of I-70.

The Denver Sheriff's Department alerted ICE in response to a request for release notification it received, but not until 6.33pm. The suspect was bonded out at 5.28pm, reported KDVR.

According to Denver police, Zamarripa-Castaneda fled the scene but was caught more than 12 hours later at his home.

ICE said it is currently working with the sheriff's department to avoid a similar situation occurring in the future.

RELATED ARTICLES
    Previous
    Next

Family release horrifying footage of the moment grandmother,...

Mother's horror as 'drunk hit-and-run driver' kills her two...
    SHARE THIS ARTICLE
    'As law enforcement professionals, we should all have the same ultimate goal in mind-- to protect the public by combating criminals,' ICE Denver Field Office director Jeffrey Lynch said in a statement, referring to Zamarripa-Castaneda as an 'immigration fugitive'.

Colorado state agencies stopped honoring detainer orders from ICE in 2014 after courts ruled it was illegal.

The crash occurred near eastbound Interstate 70 and North Brighton Boulevard on March 3 just before midnight when a semi truck and a pickup truck collided.

The semi truck caught fire and the 57-year-old driver died. Officials have not released the victim's identity.

A sem itruck and a pickup truck collided near eastbound Interstate 70 and North Brighton Boulevard. The semi truck caught fire and the 57-year-old driver died (pictured) while Zamarripa-Castaneda fled +3
    A sem itruck and a pickup truck collided near eastbound Interstate 70 and North Brighton Boulevard. The semi truck caught fire and the 57-year-old driver died (pictured) while Zamarripa-Castaneda fled

Zamarripa-Castaneda was arrested at his home. Police said he showed signs of impairment, such as slurred speech and watery eyes, and failed a sobriety test (Pictured, crash scene) +3
    Zamarripa-Castaneda was arrested at his home. Police said he showed signs of impairment, such as slurred speech and watery eyes, and failed a sobriety test (Pictured, crash scene)

Meanwhile, Zamarripa-Castaneda, the driver of the pickup truck, fled. However, he was arrested at his home in the 2600 block of West Bayaud Avenue early on March 4.

Investigators said Zamarripa-Castaneda showed signs of impairment, such as slurred speech, watery eyes and the smell of alcohol on his breath, according to a probable cause statement obtained by Denver7.

The 26-year-old was asked to perform a sobriety test, which he agreed to, but he was not able to complete it. He also agreed to a blood test, but the results are still pending.

He was charged with one count of vehicular homicide-DUI and one count of leaving the scene of an accident resulting in death. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for April 2.

looks like an upstanding citizen

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz59YkemxHq
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

PORCUS STAPHUS ADMIN Rockntractor's Avatar
    Who paid his bail?
    Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil;
    Who substitute darkness for light and light for darkness;
    Who substitute bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
    21 Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    And clever in their own sight! Isaiah 5:20-21 NASB

This happens all the time. The most recent one I found was this:

California, Colorado, Oregon, Washington State, the East Coast are notorious for this.

Rock, his bail was set at $25,000 so he or someone else only had to come up with $2500

The truck driver burned to death

Despite ICE Hold, California County Sheriff Released Mexican CHILD RAPIST

The Moorpark resident first became the subject of investigation in April 2016, after a 13-year-old girl reported continuous sexual abuse and evidence tied (Jose) Vaca to the crimes, officials said.

http://ktla.com/2018/03/07/authoriti...led-to-mexico/
    Last edited by Banacek; 03-12-2018 at 05:18 PM.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys

This is not the first time either. It was about a year ago, Denver released a guy, although ICE asked to have him detained. Within 24 hours he killed a person at a light rail location at about Sheridan and 6th Avenue. Tragic!

My wife and I refuse to do any business in Denver. As RicknTractor suggested, who paid his bail? If it was $25,000, does not that mean he has to come up with $12,500? We refuse to travel to CA, too.

This sanctuary city, state etc.... crap is over-the-top and this lawlessness is jeopardizing innocent Americans.

I hope the hell, the family of the King Sooner driver sue the pants off these city officials who are culpable in his death. Utterly shameful and such a disregard for the rule of law.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeandSugar View Post
    This is not the first time either. It was about a year ago, Denver released a guy, although ICE asked to have him detained. Within 24 hours he killed a person at a light rail location at about Sheridan and 6th Avenue. Tragic!

My wife and I refuse to do any business in Denver. As RicknTractor suggested, who paid his bail? If it was $25,000, does not that mean he has to come up with $12,500? We refuse to travel to CA, too.

This sanctuary city, state etc.... crap is over-the-top and this lawlessness is jeopardizing innocent Americans.

I hope the hell, the family of the King Sooner driver sue the pants off these city officials who are culpable in his death. Utterly shameful and such a disregard for the rule of law.

Bail bondsmen ask for 10% of the bail to get someone released.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.

6. #6 Denver...Protecting illegals? 
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Isn't the person who posts the bond responsible for the full amount of the bail if the perp never shows up for his court date? If I was posting bond for someone who was an illegal alien, I wouldn't have alot of faith in them showing up when they are supposed to.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

Bond for Vehicular Homicide should be higher than $25,000.

I wouldn't have a problem with Denver not releasing him to ICE if they were keeping him in jail until his trial, mainly because if he gets deported, he will find a way back. If he gets 10-20 years, at least his whereabouts are then a matter of public record for that time.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Bond for Vehicular Homicide should be higher than $25,000.

I wouldn't have a problem with Denver not releasing him to ICE if they were keeping him in jail until his trial, mainly because if he gets deported, he will find a way back. If he gets 10-20 years, at least his whereabouts are then a matter of public record for that time.
    on our dime, but here's where Trump can make good on his claim that mexico will pay for the wall. Send mexico a detailed bill annually for the cost of incarcerating this p.o.s. with a demand for full payment in 30 days. If the bill is not paid, then deduct it from the amount we would be giving them that year in foreign aid.
    The price of freedom is something the protected will never know.

"Even if Trump didn't pay Russian hookers to pee on one another to defile a bed the Obamas once slept on it sounds like something he would do and that's all that matters." DemocratSinceBirth, Wed Jan 11, 2017, 09:32 AM

GeorgeandSugar & Tominator

Welcome to the CU

I think this is what you are referring to:

One of two suspects in Denver light rail robbery-murder released from jail despite being flagged by ICE officials.

https://www.denverpost.com/2017/02/1...rges-tim-cruz/

His sentencing

http://www.9news.com/news/local/pros...ying/488941486

They caught the other guy and he has been sentenced as well

Nathan Valdez and Ever Valles both received lengthy prison terms

https://www.denverpost.com/2018/03/0...ry-sentencing/

If you want some well detailed information on those bringing multicultural diversity to the United State you might like these two websites

http://www.illegalaliencrimereport.com/

and

http://www.ncfire.info/
    Last edited by Banacek; 03-14-2018 at 05:23 PM.
    Unknown philosopher at a St. Patrick's Day celebration 1967

1 beer between 3 guys is better than no beers between no guys