Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Rahm Emanuel :Dont do that. Iím a father. I have two kids. Iím not going to do it.Ē 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Obama chief of staff Rahm Emanuel ducks reporters' questions

President-elect Barack Obamaís chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, refused to take questions from reporters this morning about whether he was the Obama ďadvisorĒ named in the criminal complaint against Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

The complaint states Blagojevich wanted a promise of a high-level appointment or some other reward for Blagojevich in exchange for Blagojevich naming Obamaís friend Valerie Jarrett to replace him in the U.S. Senate.Emanuel was uncharacteristically absent from Obamaís news conference this morning. He was spotted two hours later in the lobby of Chicagoís City Hall. He was there to listen to his two children performing in a concert with their school, Anshe Emet.

A Sun-Times reporter pressed him to comment about whether he was the emissary named in the criminal complaint.

ďYouíre wasting your time,Ē Emanuel said. ďIím not going to say a word to you. Iím going to do this with my children. Dont do that. Iím a father. I have two kids. Iím not going to do it.Ē

Asked, ďCanít you do both?Ē Emanuel replied, ďIím not as capable as you. Iím going to be a father. Iím allowed to be a father,Ē and he pushed the reporterís digital recorder away.

Blagojevch was caught on tape saying that he wanted the Obama advisor in question to know what Blagojevich wanted in exchange for the Jarrett appointment.

Blagojevich said, ďHe asks me for the fifth CD thing, I want it to be in his head.Ē Emanuel represents the 5th Congressional District in Illinois.

No one in the Obama campaign or administration has been charged with any wrongdoing. Obama said this morning that none of his staff has had a hand in any dealmaking on his Senate replacement.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...121108.article

Banned
    Looks like Rahm Emanuel may be in deep shit. This may get very entertaining cause the good Governor is going to spill the beans on everyone to save his own ass. We need Eyelids closed to explain all these crooked politicians in Chicago.

This may be even more entertaining than the Clinton administration. Scandals are already hitting the fan and the Messiah isn't even in office yet!
    Nothing says "idiot inside" better than an Obama/Biden bumper sticker.

Banned
    They are going to need a hydralic suspension on that bus to raise it a bit cause it is going to get very crowded under there. More crowded than it already is. Someone in the Obama Adminstration is going to have to fall on their sword on this one. Back when I was dealing, everyone that had their game and distribution networks always knew that someone in your net was a threat if they got busted. Even if you have people that are loyal, some are always going to be more loyal than others. Everyone had the one guy that you did not want to get busted because you KNEW he would try to take others down to save himself. Looking over the names, Rahm Emanuel strikes me as that guy. In fact, I believe that if it gets too hot, Emanuel will not even wait for the Feds to come with a warrant. He will got to them before the ball is even rolling his way. What does one gain with their loyalty to Obama? One look under the bus and it becomes clear that the loyalty run in only one direction for Obama.

How does him being a father have ANYTHING to do with this again?

What a coward. You 52% out there, the drones? Have fun with the mess you made idiots.
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    How does him being a father have ANYTHING to do with this again?

What a coward. You 52% out there, the drones? Have fun with the mess you made idiots.
    I don't blame him for that comment. He's at an event for his kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Sorry. That doesn't cut it. He's a major public figure now. Even more so that this is involving him as a possibility.

THEY created the phony Office of the President Elect...which is getting more play in the media than the Oval

They created their own media monster.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    Damn, I didn't notice that part in the article til just now. I feel like a jackass. :o
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Damn, I didn't notice that part in the article til just now. I feel like a jackass. :o
    He's not a private figure now....don't feel like a j

And he'd better be careful...

Asked, “Can’t you do both?” Emanuel replied, “I’m not as capable as you. I’m going to be a father. I’m allowed to be a father,” and he pushed the reporter’s digital recorder away.
    He needs to get his temper in check. This could have been considered assault. Not saying that it was forceful enough but recording devices in the media's hands are considered extensions of their bodies.

Rahm is no longer a private individual when out and about...he took the job. Welcome to real scrutiny now.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Don't .Your remark was appropriate where ever he was.Most of us are fathers and are responsible for our actions to the law.If Old Ram Is 'dirty' so be it.he made his bed with a bunch of crooks and needs to be exposed is he is one of them !