Thread: Rahm Emanuel :Dont do that. Iím a father. I have two kids. Iím not going to do it.Ē

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned
    There thousands of guys in prison who had families. Who were fathers and it did make a fuck to authorities. But now it should be different because Emanuel works for the Messiah? That is the one excuse that pisses me the fuck off above all others when people bring up illegals. Oh how can we be so heartless as to bust up a family? Fuck that! No one gave a fuck about busting my family when I was accused of a crime. Why should Emanuel's family matter? Why should Obama's? Only a coward tries to hide behind his family.

I have no problem with the guy refusing to do a press interview at his children's show. The fact that people are jumping on his statement about why he didn't answer right then and there is silly. It doesn't give him a pass for ever answering, just putting some boundaries as to when he will answer sleuthing reporters. He may now be a public figure, but the press doesn't own him at all ours of his day.

Speedy, I have a feeling that your crime wasn't so newsworthy as to have reporters following you to your daughter's Christmas concert to ask you about, though I'm sure it was that important in your own mind.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    I have no problem with the guy refusing to do a press interview at his children's show. The fact that people are jumping on his statement about why he didn't answer right then and there is silly. It doesn't give him a pass for ever answering, just putting some boundaries as to when he will answer sleuthing reporters. He may now be a public figure, but the press doesn't own him at all ours of his day.

Speedy, I have a feeling that your crime wasn't so newsworthy as to have reporters following you to your daughter's Christmas concert to ask you about, though I'm sure it was that important in your own mind.
    Karma is a bitch. Politicians use the media for their own gain and then cry wolf when the tables are turned. Reporters going to his daughters Christmas concert for an interview is over the top. However, these guys make their living digging up dirt on people. The reporters smell blood and they are after his ass. I would bet the farm that Emanuel is part of the crooked political machine in Chicago.

Rahm is COS for Obama. He's 24-7 now. In the big leagues. If he wants to dodge questions, he only looks guiltier.

There's this...

Emanuel was uncharacteristically absent from Obama’s news conference this morning.] He was spotted two hours later in the lobby of Chicago’s City Hall. He was there to listen to his two children performing in a concert with their school, Anshe Emet.
    Now..where was it held..?? Not at the school...AT CITY HALL!!!!!! Public place...media accessible.

If they were actually at his kids school....that's where the reporters would have been wrong.
    Last edited by newshutr; 12-12-2008 at 11:08 AM.
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    Rahm is COS for Obama. He's 24-7 now. In the big leagues. If he wants to dodge questions, he only looks guiltier.

There's this...

Now..where was it held..?? Not at the school...AT CITY HALL!!!!!! Public place...media accessible.

If they were actually at his kids school....that's where the reporters would have been wrong.
    Hey, I don't blame the reporters for trying. But I also don't blame Emmanuel for refusing at that time. It's a dance they all play. I just don't think his response is the heart of this story.

Banned
    Hey, I don't blame the reporters for trying. But I also don't blame Emmanuel for refusing at that time. It's a dance they all play. I just don't think his response is the heart of this story.
    Speaking as a lay person, the heart of this story is what the media wants to make it out to be especially if he keeps dodging questions, hiring an attorney, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Speaking as a lay person, the heart of this story is what the media wants to make it out to be especially if he keeps dodging questions, hiring an attorney, etc, etc.
    That is contradictory. There is a story here. The issue will be whether the media wants to continue to protect Obama and his associates, or if they want to get at the truth. Their version of the truth may be to throw a few more under the bus to protect Obama. Or perhaps they will actually do their jobs and dig as deeply as they did into Palin and her clothing-gate.

That's pretty much how I see it. He's with his kids, he doesn't want to do an interview right now.

If he's working with the feds, he can't really talk about anything regarding the case, anyways. It sounds like at the very least, he's a witness to Blago's corruption. I'm not saying he is, but if he is, he can't talk to the press about it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's pretty much how I see it. He's with his kids, he doesn't want to do an interview right now.

If he's working with the feds, he can't really talk about anything regarding the case, anyways. It sounds like at the very least, he's a witness to Blago's corruption. I'm not saying he is, but if he is, he can't talk to the press about it at all.
    I agree with his response as there is an appropriate time and place for everything. Regarding his silence though I prefer referring to him rather as "co-conspirator" instead "witness"
    Last edited by M21; 12-12-2008 at 03:20 PM.
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over